🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Fraud hiring
Page options
pallavik01
Community Member

Fraud hiring

I was hired for the first time but the person turned out to be a fraud. How can inform. After hiring me, he closed the job on upwork - showing he never hired me but I have communication from him

3 REPLIES 3
colettelewis
Community Member

@Pallavi K wrote:

I was hired for the first time but the person turned out to be a fraud. How can inform. After hiring me, he closed the job on upwork - showing he never hired me but I have communication from him

@Pallavi K wrote:

You weren't hired. You were scammed. 

Before you apply for any jobs, or accept any invitations on Upwork read all the help pages and read the Terms of Service. Start here and particularly read, "Tips to avoid questionable jobs".

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#M2460

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Pallavi,

Please, don't start working for a client until they send you an offer and you accept it. Invitation to an interview or active candidacy doesn't mean you have a contract yet. If you feel like the job you discussed was in violation of Upwork ToS, please feel free to flag it as inappropriate.

Check out this Post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Valeria
Upwork

i got a hiring letter etc but then realized it was a scam. He posed as a person he wasn't and the letter was fraud

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths