🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Freelance ID
Page options
4bb01d1e
Community Member

Freelance ID

HI! May I ask if freelance ID is really needed to receive payment from the client? and also to get one is there any fees or if it's really cost $80 dollars?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Joey,

There is no such thing as a Freelance ID to receive your payments. A real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. I checked the job you were referring to and can confirm that it has been taken down for violating the Terms of Service.

As a reminder, communicating outside of Upwork before a contract starts is a violation of the Terms of Service. A client suggesting taking communication outside of Upwork before a contract begins is a typical red flag. You may open yourself up to scams or fraud and lose Upwork Payment Protection

Whenever you encounter these situations, please flag them as inappropriate so the team can investigate them further. Please take some time to read through this article for more information on how you can stay safe on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Joey,

There is no such thing as a Freelance ID to receive your payments. A real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. I checked the job you were referring to and can confirm that it has been taken down for violating the Terms of Service.

As a reminder, communicating outside of Upwork before a contract starts is a violation of the Terms of Service. A client suggesting taking communication outside of Upwork before a contract begins is a typical red flag. You may open yourself up to scams or fraud and lose Upwork Payment Protection

Whenever you encounter these situations, please flag them as inappropriate so the team can investigate them further. Please take some time to read through this article for more information on how you can stay safe on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths