🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Full name not showing
Page options
adrian_sun
Community Member

Full name not showing

Hi My last name is not showing in my profile just the initial of my surname.  -> Adrian S.

I already set it up in the account settings to show it in full but still it does not change.  

upwork2.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
mtngigi
Community Member

It's not an error. Upwork introduced this a quite a few months ago. Only our first name and last name initial is allowed on our profiles.

mtngigi
Community Member

@Virginia F wrote:

It's not an error. Upwork introduced this a quite a few months ago. Only our first name and last name initial is allowed on our profiles.

Perhaps a mod can explain why this option to show last name is still available on our profile settings?

Screen shot 2017-09-10 at 9.01.13 AM.png

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Adrian,

That option is only for your Search Engine Privacy. You can choose whether or not you’d like your last name shown in full when you appear in search engine results. Upwork displays only your first name and first initial of your last name in order to protect your privacy. Your full name will become visible to your client after you and your client have started interviewing.

Untitled
hill-climber
Community Member

Hello Ryan, I got a message from Payoneer verification department that I should submit them a screenshot of a website having my original name in it. While checking here, I only found my First name and Inital os second name. Is it possible you people can give me a chance to show full name for a second and I take screenshot and send to them so they varify my affiliation with this website?

Is it possible? They are not accepting my verfication request when I send them First name and Initial of Last name. 

Thank you

Hi Zaid,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
mdataullah272
Community Member

Hi moderator. My last name is not showing in my profile just the initial of my surname. -> Md Ata U.

How I can show full name ,I need your suggestion. Thank you

Hi Md,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ab73ee09
Community Member

I don't see this option anymore. Why is Upwork making it harder to use their platform? Maybe it's time you get a better BDM. 

Hi Cyril.

Thank you for your message. Only the First Name and the Last initial are shown on Upwork profiles by design. The option to include your full name in the Search Engine Privacy is no longer available.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
shailesh_b
Community Member

This open is not shown. my profile.

Hi Shailesh,

Could you please clarify your question further?

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths