🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
wuyujie
Community Member

wonderful , I'm new here.  Could you please help me go through my profile?  Thanks very much

aditipie
Community Member

Wu, your profile is not public.

janani_aish
Community Member

Hello

I would love to hear the feeback and suggestions for my profile from experienced freelancers.

Thankyou

Janani, great start! Here are a few suggestions: 1. Hourly rate on both profile pages needs to be same if the services offered are the same. For high-end or specialized services, higer rates are justified; make sure description on 'social media marketing' is different from 'all work'. Also focus on services you offer now instead of internships in the past 2. Add more items to the portfolio. 3. Add more skills to the skillslist. 

I hope this helps. Good luck. 

itsolutionwassi
Community Member

Hi

Could you check my profile and let me know your thoughts about it and please also provide feedback.

I will appreciate it!
Thank you!

janbegjan
Community Member

Kindly review my profile and let me know what are the changes required

yurimatos
Community Member

thanks guys, i really wanna start make money, so i can help my family

ab50a576
Community Member

Hi Molly,

I was wondering why I am not getting any tasks and my profile is 100% complete .I also submit propasals to jobs posted.Most of the jobs posted need the 'Rising takent Badge' which I dont have because I have never worked for anyone on this platform .Is there anything you can do to help?

e0b8511f
Community Member

Hi everyone, please help me out why i am not getting a single invite from last 6months. Last time i got an invite but due to the lack of knowledge i didn't reply it. Please help me.
y32s5n
Community Member

Thanks for your help. Can you please review my profile, I am new to upwork.

radianceking
Community Member

I will really appreciate it if you can go check my profile out and tell me what you think about it.

kevin_monari
Community Member

Hello, I'd like you to review my profile.

Kindly assist.

Kevin.

kevin_monari
Community Member

Hello there, I'd like someone to review my profile especial the overview and give me feedback. I'm willing and able to learn.

Regards,

Kevin.

2641142f
Community Member

Hi Everyone! It's been a month since i have created my profile at UpWork and have been sending number of proposals to the Clients but not able to find my first contract yet. Can anyone guide me in that regard specially how should be a cover letter and how could my profile be more attractive so that it can catch up the contracts. Thanks!

shanev1
Community Member

Any advice is welcome.

aditipie
Community Member

Shane, excellent start! Consider few suggestions: 1. Title needs to be concise instead of 'many years of...'. 2. Experience- Do you have any volunteering or work experience. 3. Add more items to the portfolio to display a wide variety. 4. Your photo has light coming in from your left side. Consider getting a professional headshot if there are no lockdown/public health restrictions in your area. 

Good luck, I am sure you will get several clients on this platform. 

7b7ccc2d
Community Member

Hi, Please help me review my profile. I am new here

towermutasa
Community Member

Hi all

I am a content writer. I would appreciate any feedback on my profile. Thanks.

razu55_wpexpert
Community Member

I'm new here too ... I don't know if it's legal or not to talking about another marketplace ... I've been working on Fiverr since 2018 ... Level 1 seller on Fiverr ...

Now I want to build my career as a freelancer in Upwork ... but it seems very difficult for me to win a job.
Advice needed

magno-biz
Community Member

Hey Mike,

Greetings!!!

I am new to Upwork and I own a digital marketing agency named Magno-Biz Digital Solutions. I tried designing my Upwork profile however, I am still in ambiguity as to how to make my profile impressive to get clients. Could you please take a look at my profile and let me know if I need to make changes to it.

51cc83c4
Community Member

Hello to all,

I am a newcomer, having a strong background in the field but I still strive to get hired and hope it will come soon enough.. If someone could check how my page looks, much appreciated!

Bakir

usmanuah9
Community Member

Feedback regards Profile
2641142f
Community Member

Hi Mike - Hope you are doing great! It's going to be a month or so since i created my profile on UpWork. Since then, i have been sending proposals to clients continuously but not able to get my first contract yet. Would you please examine my profile and suggest how should i make it attractive to the clients. Also i will be grateful if you guide me how could i found the contract? Thank You!

fidelowiti
Community Member

Thank you for this great initiative. I need help with my profile. Someone help me review.
d34c4369
Community Member

Hello! Please take a look at my profile as well. Thank you very much! 

af543392
Community Member

I'd love to get some input on my profile.  Thanks in advance!

Hi
I am new on Upwork please check my profile and guide me...
Thanks,😍😍

Chris, your profile is well-written. Some suggestions to consider: 1. Focus on services you offer in the first paragraph of the overview section. 2. Add more items to the portfolio (approx 8-10 items) 3. Is it possible to get some testimonials? 4. Consider creating several project catalogs for various products/services. This will improve your visibility in the marketplace.  

Good luck, I am sure you will get good clients/projects on this platform. 

Thanks so much for your reply Aditi.  I will definiteily take those suggestions into consideration!

Hey,
I'm new to Upwork, please check my profile

jennifer015
Community Member

Hi, 

I started joining Upwork since 2017 and since then I had no chance of getting viewed or once I was interviewed but after that every proposal I made still not a success of job landing or  appealing to clients. I am looking forward for recommendations.

Thanks,

Jennifer 

Jennifer, your profile is not public on community. Please make it public or give a link and I am happy to review it. 

joysi55
Community Member

Hey everyone.....
I have been on upwork for almost a month now. Last night I got my first job and did it under 2 hours, submitted and still nothing is showing in my CONTRACT
6613d4a6
Community Member

I think you should reach out to customer support on this one.

6613d4a6
Community Member

Hey guys! I'd like someone to review my profile as well. Thanks for your time.

Aman D wrote:

Hey guys! I'd like someone to review my profile as well. Thanks for your time.

You should trim the description. Maybe the "thanks for looking into my profile" sounds nice but it's mostly a waste of time. Get to the point, there's a limited attention span. Remove the hello and goodbye text - this isn't a personal email but a unpersonal description. I'd remove everything above "Industrial Design:" and below "Provide creative insight and design consultation". And maybe add 1-2 "polite" sentences but not more.
The "Say “Duke” in your invite" is pretty pointless and kind of rude. Better to get more invites than less even if you have to decline them. Clients do this because a few years ago where there were no connects and freelancers would use bots to send proposals to almost every job post, so people did that you differentiate between the bots and people. As a freelancer, you don't fall into that category but you kind of "accuse" the client of being a bot. Personally, it would really turn me off if I'd read that on a freelancer I'm about to hire.

Awesome, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the review!

ibtesamsadiq
Community Member

Hi, I am new to Upwork and I want to know if I can improve my profile more.

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~0133a43e57bd3bdcf4/

Thanks,
Ibtesam Sadiq

Hi Ibtesam

you cam remove "In that time, I worked for different game companies",  and you should write the following phrase all of te above " So, If you are looking for someone with UE4 and UE5 experience to do a hard surface 3D model with the new nanite system, shading (material), texturing, level design, Quixel Megascans, foliage, lighting with new lumen system, particles, atmosphere, UI, UMG animation with widget blueprint, world partition system, and scene conversion from Unreal Engine 4 to Unreal Engine 5, then you are at right place. I can do all of these things for you." so that client can see what you're offering as your service.

Hi Abubakar,
Thanks for advice. I will update my description.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths