🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting a Second Job
Page options
a618ff6e
Community Member

Getting a Second Job

Hello Upwork Community,

I was able to get my first job in the first month of joining upwork. I did the job, got paid and even got good reviews. But since then, I'vent been able to get any other job.

I've an active proposal currently but it has been active since last 14 days.

Also, i'm actively applying for new jobs. I'm confused as to what should be my next step.

Thank you.

Regards,

6 REPLIES 6
timefighter11
Community Member

Mumal M wrote:

Hello Upwork Community,

I was able to get my first job in the first month of joining upwork. I did the job, got paid and even got good reviews. But since then, I'vent been able to get any other job.

I've an active proposal currently but it has been active since last 14 days.

Also, i'm actively applying for new jobs. I'm confused as to what should be my next step.

Thank you.

Regards,

You are  well qualified and a writer too. Just apply to those jobs whom you can really work well. Initially it's tough to get contracts but with the time it would not take many proposals before you get a contract.  Be smart and concise with the proposal writing. 

Your profile is a little confusing, Mumal. An accountant and a blog writer?

Clients want to hire experts, not a jack of all trades. You should pick one and focus on that. (Probably accountancy if you are qualified). 

Oh, and you might have more success if you raised your prices. A qualified chartered accountant will likely want (a lot) more than $5/hour. Your rates are unlikely to give clients much confidence in your abilities. 

Thank you Jamie for these useful tips.

I'll take them into consideration and hopefully, i'll be able to get a job soon.

Jamie F wrote:

Your profile is a little confusing, Mumal. An accountant and a blog writer?

Clients want to hire experts, not a jack of all trades. You should pick one and focus on that. (Probably accountancy if you are qualified). 

Her profile isn't that confusing. It's not like she's offering 3+ trades. Upwork gives us specialized profiles for the purpose of choosing TWO different services. She can be an exemplary writer and an exemplary accountant. Nothing wrong with wanting to maximize profits. From the 5 star review she has under writing, she seems to be just as skilled at writing as accountancy. 

Hi Alexis,

I needed this badly. I believe in providing examplary services to my clients and i am confident that i excel in both the fields and hence, two specilized profiles.

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,

Thank you so much.

I guess, patience is the key to success here at upwork and i'll keep on applying.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths