🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hourly working.
Page options
fa3c95a9
Community Member

Hourly working.

Hello everyone! 

I am fairly new to the upwork. And i have a question that drills into my mind for couple weeks.

I see the time tracking feature for the hourly paid contracts. But it requires a desktop. Which i do not have one.

I am using an Ipad for my digital drawings and right now i have no desktop device to support me 7/24. Sometimes i use the PC in my office, but its not mine and i cant be at the office after 9-5 shift ends. Which is when the freelancing begins.

So i use my Ipad for my freelancing work.

I have got paid hourly before, but what if my client asks if i can prove how many hours i have spend? I have ways of proving the time spend via the software i have used for my projects(Procreate) But it actually does not prove anything because it only shows how many hours i have spent on that file. And its not trustworthy.

Do you have the same problem? How should i approach this? Thank you

Edit: Typo

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ozan,

Welcome to Upwork! 

The device you will be using depends on the type of project you get to work on. However, working on a laptop or desktop computer can help to maximize your Upwork experience. The Upwork Desktop App was created for freelancers like you to qualify for the Hourly Payment Protection program and to make it easier to collaborate with clients.

The Desktop App is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Our team is constantly working to make the Upwork Desktop App available for more users. Unfortunately, the Upwork Desktop App is not supported on iPads or mobile devices.

If the project you're working on is a Fixed-Price contract, you don't need to use the app unless you and the client decide otherwise. You check this article to see the difference between those two types of contracts.

Additionally, as you are new around here, I suggest visiting our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths