🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How do I get badges?
Page options
75eef33a
Community Member

How do I get badges?

Hello, I have not been able to understand very well the theme of the badges, could someone explain to me how I can start acquiring them? thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pudingstudio
Community Member

Erika Marina A wrote:

Hello, I have not been able to understand very well the theme of the badges, could someone explain to me how I can start acquiring them? thank you.

In a sense, just by doing your job.
No need to think about them, lot of clients don't care (or they don't even understand them).

As long as you provide the work you've promised to clients, badges will come.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049702614-Upwork-s-Talent-Badges

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
pudingstudio
Community Member

Erika Marina A wrote:

In a sense, just by doing your job.
No need to think about them, lot of clients don't care (or they don't even understand them).

As long as you provide the work you've promised to clients, badges will come.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049702614-Upwork-s-Talent-Badges

Thank you for the information, you share with me. What happens is that I received an email about the presentation of the community badges, I was not clear about the purpose of these and how it benefits or not the performance of freelancers in Upwork.

Erika Marina A wrote:

Thank you for the information, you share with me. What happens is that I received an email about the presentation of the community badges, I was not clear about the purpose of these and how it benefits or not the performance of freelancers in Upwork.

Oooh.. Community badges..
I thought you meant Freelancers ones.

Yeah, Community Badges are a thing. Nothing to help you in freelancing, they are only a part of this forum.
Blatantly - if you post a lot, you get a badge saying "this person has bunches of posts"..

Here is a normal explanation of badge feature:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Community-Badges/ba-p/1157413

Antun again thank you very much for the information, it is much clearer to me. You are very kind.

She means the new community badges.

Erika, you don't need to do much - you get badges just for posting in the forum (you probably got two just now, for starting a thread and replying to Antun). I think that it's supposed to be just for fun (?); they don't help you get clients or anything like that.

You also get badges for completing courses in the Upwork Academy, and that IS worth doing, since you'll learn more about how to use Upwork. But again, clients won't see these badges.

Christine A wrote:

She means the new community badges.

Erika, you don't need to do much - you get badges just for posting in the forum (you probably got two just now, for starting a thread and replying to Antun). I think that it's supposed to be just for fun (?); they don't help you get clients or anything like that.

You also get badges for completing courses in the Upwork Academy, and that IS worth doing, since you'll learn more about how to use Upwork. But again, clients won't see these badges.

I wrote "[...] Nothing to help you in freelancing [..]", which is a huge mistake on my part!

Upwork Academy is important and it is correlated, badges can be of value.

Excellent!

Cristina, thank you for your information, it is now much clearer to me how the issue works.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths