🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How do I open a support ticket?
Page options
Anna A Community Member

How do I open a support ticket?

hi

How do I open a support ticket? I found  only the  help bot,but I want to reach Upwork support team. Could anybody help me,please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Irby,

It looks like you have initiated a ticket that has been escalated to our support team. The team that is handling your case will update your ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

100 REPLIES 100
Ruslan G Community Member

Hi Annie,

No, you can't help me. My question concerns form W-8BEN.
The form containts the following statement:

"Affidavit of unchanged status
Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined and signed the Form W-8BEN, Form W-8BEN-E, etc and the information and certifications contained therein have remained the same and have remained unchanged throughout calendar year January 1, 2022 through the date on this form and were true, correct and complete for this year.

If these facts and certifications do not apply to you, or if you have general questions about this unchanged status affidavit, please reach out to customer support."

It's not my case. I need to contact support.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ruslan,

Could you please elaborate further on your concern so that I can assist you in a better way? 

- Pradeep

Hi Pradeep,

I can't tell about it in common forum.
I was instructed to contact support when completing Form W-8BEN. But I can't contact with support.

Customer service is hiding from customers 🙂
Just tell me how to contact support.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Ruslan,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulty getting assistance from our Support Team. I've checked your Tax Information and the only section that's not been completed is your Tax Identification Number (TIN). 

Could you please tell us the challenges you're experiencing with completing this part of your Tax Information? We'll look into that and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,
If you are authorized to resolve these issues, please write to me by email. Problem with Affidavit of Unchanged Status. We communicate on a common forum, and these questions are confidential.

The upwork instructions say to contact support.
These are their instructions and their rules. I just need to find out how to do it.
What's happening? Why can't I contact support for 3 days? Why is there no exact answer on the forum in the “Solved: How do I open a support ticket?” thread on how to open a support ticket?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Ruslan,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you so much, Joanne 🙂

Noor ul A Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I am also looking for open a ticket but no luck. I had my client paid $50 around 8 hours ago, but I can see only $25 in my account and their status is still pending. I don't see the rest of $25 while I got a message in my Upwork messages that I have been paid $50. Please help.

Thanks,

Noor

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Noor UI,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked your transaction history, and I can see two pending payments for $25 each for the contract you are referring to. You can check the pending transactions to confirm. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Matthew B Community Member

I got a notice today somewhere that said I could be a level one seller but that my profile is not completed. But I’ve filled out as much of my profile as humanly possible. I would really like the benefits of being a level one seller. Can you take a look at my profile and tell me what’s missing? I never finished universities so I couldn’t put that there. But I did try to just put several years of my university on there and no matter what I did or how many thousand ways I tried it it would never let me press save.
Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Matthew,

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Could you please clarify? Where did you get the notification?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Matthew B Community Member

I’ve been on Upwork for about six months and I think I’m going pretty well.
I was wondering why one of my friends got top level buyer or whatever it’s
called where you get less money taken out of your paychecks. I thought
what’s the matter with me LOL? Anyway today I got something somewhere,
either on my iPhone application or in my mail or on the website it said
that I could be A level one seller or whatever it’s called except for one
thing: It thinks my profile isn’t complete for some reason. I filled out
just about as much as I possibly could. Is there anything else I can do?
What can I do to complete my profile more completely?--

**Edited for community guidelines**

Bojan S Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Matthew. 

There are many ways to get to a 100% completed profile. You can check this help article for more information which profile section contributes to profile completeness.

Once you meet all of the requirements for becoming Top Rated, it will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours.

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Kess A Community Member

I'm hoping you can help me. I was trying to add my Visa card to my account when trying to hire a freelancer but it was unsuccessful. As a result my account was suspended and financial transaction limited. I received an email saying the suspension will be lifted once I add a new payment method. I've added a new payment method but the suspension is still there. I'm still unable to hire the freelancer. Can you please check and lift the suspension. Thanks

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Kess,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
James R Community Member

I also can't contact support.

There is no way of contacting or submitting a support ticket.

I've even tried googling it... nothing.

I can't add payment deatils.

James R Community Member

If you hire someone from Fiverr.com I'm sure they'd be able to create a 'Submit Ticket' button for you.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi James,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Alex R Community Member

Dear Bojan

I changed my phone number so I cannot log in to my main profile. ( I had to open another account since I couldn't even reply to a threat without logging in, and yet I still can't PM you...  Upwork is very weird. Anyways, I'm not poiting fingers, but I have to ask you here becuase I don't find other options... I can provide all the credentials, the account is under the emaill of**Edited for community guidelines**. Please help. 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Alex,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. I'd also like to remind you that once you can access your account, please delete this duplicate account that you used to post here in the community, as this is not allowed. Freelancers can only have one Upwork account. It is a violation of Upwork TOS to have a duplicate account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Zelz K Community Member

fbe5b6cb_0-1642500279845.png

Kess A Community Member

I'm hoping you can help me. I was trying to add my Visa card to my account when trying to hire a freelancer but it was unsuccessful. As a result my account was suspended and financial transaction limited. I received an email saying the suspension will be lifted once I add a new payment method. I've added a new payment method but the suspension is still there. I'm still unable to hire the freelancer. Can you please check and lift the suspension. Thanks

Ermias G Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I think the selfie i sent for id verification is not correct.and it is taking more than 3 days to verify please help me.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ermias,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths