🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How do you spot the scammer?
Page options
k_wagoner
Community Member

How do you spot the scammer?

Hi, I have been working on getting jobs for the last week or so, and seem to only getting interviews with people who are only looking to hire outside Upwork or asking for shady things. I have turned them down or recommended using upwork to proceed, But seem to be in a Stalemate. Any advice on finding real jobs over non exsistent or potentally damaging ones? Any practices you can recomend or tricks? 

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Kayla W wrote:

Hi, I have been working on getting jobs for the last week or so, and seem to only getting interviews with people who are only looking to hire outside Upwork or asking for shady things. I have turned them down or recommended using upwork to proceed, But seem to be in a Stalemate. Any advice on finding real jobs over non exsistent or potentally damaging ones? Any practices you can recomend or tricks? 

Thank you 

Refusing to take communication outside of upwork before hire should do the trick. Unsolicited invitations when you have no or little work history (can't see your profile so I don't know if that applies) are a red flag. Those people will probably want to take advantage. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths