🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How long does my payment stay in escrow?
Page options
chduts
Community Member

How long does my payment stay in escrow?

Hi, I finished my second contract nearly 2 weeks ago , but my payment is still in escrow. It's also less than it should be. It was a small job, two recordings for $15 but I did 3 recordings (I was asked to do another one later on). I requested payment for the third recording too, but so far I see that I have $15 in escrow and it has been there for a while ... 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christine, 

It looks like you submitted work 13 days ago. When you submit work for a milestone, the client has 14 days to review the work you submitted. They may request changes or release the payment if there are no concerns with the submitted work. However, if they don't respond within 14 days, the money in escrow will automatically be processed to your account. You may read more about how to get paid on fixed-price contracts in this article. 

I hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christine, 

It looks like you submitted work 13 days ago. When you submit work for a milestone, the client has 14 days to review the work you submitted. They may request changes or release the payment if there are no concerns with the submitted work. However, if they don't respond within 14 days, the money in escrow will automatically be processed to your account. You may read more about how to get paid on fixed-price contracts in this article. 

I hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork
chduts
Community Member

Thank you very much for clarifying!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths