9 REPLIES 9
prestonhunter
Community Member

Read and following everything here:

Getting Started on Upwork

akbgill
Community Member

Hi, Abdullah

I'm also working on data entry here. I see your profile. You are newbie so your rate should be low like 3$ or 4$. You can increase your rate when you have good reviews on your profile. I m giving suggestion you because I see lot of freelancers profiles who are working on here as data entry opertor. You have 10$ hourly rate Even I see most top rated freelancer have rate 5$ to 7$.

Also pay attention to your prosposal writing skills. You have to learn how to send eye cathing proposal. Also, Apply on those job where client demonds more than one freelancers.

Moreover, I am also new here You can visit my profile https://www.upwork.com/fl/abrarahmed163 

I win 8 jobs in 4,5 months. In May I win 4 jobs you can check. So, I share my experience as a new data entry freelancer. What you have to do.

Hi

Abrar

Thank your for your suggestions. I already decreased my hourly rate to USD 4.

I'm happy to let you kown you that i got my first job yesterday and get paid for that.

Thank you !

Great! Congratulations..

Abdullah,

First of all hide the test results on your profile that show below average scores.

Second, lowering your rate is generally a really bad idea.  You won't attract the kind of clients you want to work with.

There are tens of thousands of data entry freelancers on the platform, many of whom haven't made any money at all so you need to emphasize your experience and expertise in your proposals.

Good luck!  Hope this helps.

Mary W

Thank you so much for your suggestions. Heart

kc_subodh
Community Member

Be yourself 
Limit the specialized skills that you want to market. (pick top skills)
Read full job description before applying
apply with personal touch message.

also don't seem shady, i saw this in your profile description "I am a TOP RATED freelancer on Upwrok, chosen by Upwork team! "
I am not sure if that is real or fake. if real give proof,as the customer will see you only have one job for $6. 
People will take note of these minor stuffs.

Good luck

Subodh K wrote:

also don't seem shady, i saw this in your profile description "I am a TOP RATED freelancer on Upwrok, chosen by Upwork team! "
I am not sure if that is real or fake. if real give proof,as the customer will see you only have one job for $6. 
People will take note of these minor stuffs.

Good luck

lol you're right he put that in there. lol This is why helping these people is a complete waste of time.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

I'm closing this thread for further comments and have removed a few posts. Thank you for your participation.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths