🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to get my first job
Page options
nokulungantombel
Community Member

How to get my first job

Hi
I am new to upwork and I recently graduated with a degree in Accounting. I have never worked whatsoever, and I can't seem to secure my first job. I need help on where to learn for new skills and overall revamp my profile. I have applied to five jobs that are basically transcribing and have had no luck. Please help me. I only have my degree on my profile no testimonies nothing.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
1e0807a2
Community Member

I would suggest you do free certifications that can help you develop a skill. Google and Hubspot have free certifications that you can do in a day or two. These will help to add flesh to your profile at least.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
1e0807a2
Community Member

I would suggest you do free certifications that can help you develop a skill. Google and Hubspot have free certifications that you can do in a day or two. These will help to add flesh to your profile at least.

Thank you so much for your advice, I'll check them.
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

You can also visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile name needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths