🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to start a project
Page options
075f1492
Community Member

How to start a project

Hi! I am new here in this freelance industry. And I submitted a proposal, and the company would like to give me the project. I would like to ask what is the process on this? How will I start the project. Please share your experiences for me to have an idea. Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Dindi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. On Upwork, you can search and submit proposals to jobs that fit your skillset and expertise. In the Cover Letter field, you can send a proposal to the client and let them know how you can help them with the project. You can also share some of your skills and experience that are relevant to their project. If your proposal is accepted you will receive a message from your client and a message room will be created where you can continue negotiating with the client. If the client decides to hire you, they will be able to send you an offer as well.

You may want to check this post and this video to help you get started on Upwork. Feel free to also check this help article to help you stay safe on Upwork

Additionally, I would like to let you know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths