🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to withdraw proposal to scam posting?
Page options
4671f15d
Community Member

How to withdraw proposal to scam posting?

A few hours ago I saw a job posting and made an application for it.

Around 45 minutes ago, I received an email from Upwork with an unread message from the job poster which directed me to "contact our agent on Telegram using this username…" and so on.

Okay—that's a no-no, and major indication it was a scam to begin with, so I make no reply.

Instead I went to Upwork to report the job and withdraw my proposal. I found the listing in my "Active Proposals" list.  But when I click it, I get a message that the job was removed from Upwork, so they could no longer retrieve my proposal. So that's good. Either the scammer removed the job or Upwork security did.

I checked my Connects History and see that the 12 connects have been refunded to me, so that's okay, too. No worries.  Good job, Upwork!

Just one question: How do I remove this "Active Proposal" from "My Proposals?"  I don't seem to have a way to remove it from my list.  Does the system need time to run a purge of these things every few hours or does this need a manual correction?

Thank you for advice!

Ross

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
williamtcooper
Community Member

Ross,

Frequently it takes overnight computer processing to remove from your list of Proposals.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
williamtcooper
Community Member

Ross,

Frequently it takes overnight computer processing to remove from your list of Proposals.

4671f15d
Community Member

Thanks very much for that, William!  I'll give it a little time to go away on its own, then.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths