🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I am confused and no amount of research gives...
Page options
dd99a6ef
Community Member

I am confused and no amount of research gives me the answers. What happens after getting hired?

Greetings.

I am a Copywriter, Proofreader and Editor.

I have googled and googled for a long while and I cant find the answers on it anywhere.

What happens after I get hired? Let's say it's a product description job. Do I just open my Word 2016 and write it?

I've read that everything must go thru Upwork, so I don't want to go against the T&Cs of Upwork so I don't know if Upwork has their own version of Word or something. I don't know how things work after being hired.

Do I just work on my Word document, but to me that seems obviously working outside of Upwork so I'm super confused and as I've mentioned no amount of google can give me my answer.

So what I know is when I get the job it will go to my projects section and I can find it there. Do I work on it there or do I have to use my Word 2016 write it there then copy and paste it over to Upwork? Or do I send the work through a message?

I have looked up the hiring prosses of Upwork but this is about what comes after and where do I go to work on the project without vialating the T&Cs of Upwork.

So to simplify it all.

I don't want to work outside of Upwork.

I don't know how things work after getting the job do I use Word 2016 or no? Does Upwork have it's own version of it?

Or does the project section open it's own "Word" document so I can work on the project there?

I don't know this question has melted my mind over and over as no answer can be found.

So I run to the comunity. Please help me. Is it legal or illegal to work on my word doc for writing jobs on Upwork?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Luan,

You can use the apps and programs that are required so that you can successfully complete the tasks from your clients. 
I would like to clarify that asking or getting paid outside of Upwork is a violation of our TOS. Also, once an official contract is formed you and your client can communicate outside of Upwork as well.

To learn more about Upwork and how it works, check out our resources Here. If something is still confusing, feel free to follow up here with any additional questions you may have. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Luan,

You can use the apps and programs that are required so that you can successfully complete the tasks from your clients. 
I would like to clarify that asking or getting paid outside of Upwork is a violation of our TOS. Also, once an official contract is formed you and your client can communicate outside of Upwork as well.

To learn more about Upwork and how it works, check out our resources Here. If something is still confusing, feel free to follow up here with any additional questions you may have. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Oh ok thank you Goran V.

I really apreciate the assistance.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths