🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Phone Verification Code Not Being Received
Page options
Danielle K Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
Luis F Community Member

Help please,

I'm trying to create my professional profile but I couldn't because I don't have a US phone number, actually I've registered an LLC business in the country but don't have a phone number because I'm based outside. What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Mohammed G Community Member

If you're based outside the US, you should set your location to the country you actually live in.

Martina P Community Member

Luis F wrote:

Help please,

I'm trying to create my professional profile but I couldn't because I don't have a US phone number, actually I've registered an LLC business in the country but don't have a phone number because I'm based outside. What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

You want those nice US-only jobs, right? Many people do. But if you don't actually live in the US, you are unable to access them. If you state your country incorrectly, upwork has ways of finding that out, and they will not be pleased. 

Jin C Community Member

Need to delete my first Upwork account (Gmail) as:
1. Google login does not work.
2. My new account needs to verify phone number, but due to it being linked to my Gmail account, it cannot be verified.

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Jin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Chen X Community Member

After I clicked "continue" button on creating the file page, I was asked to enter my phone number for security.  

However, it showed "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.".

It is the only number I have. I don't know how to deal with this problem. There is not an alternative of confirmation, like email, or security questions.

Hi Chen,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Sarah S Community Member

Hi there, 

I am trying to submit proposals and it says that my phone number is either wrong or associated with another account. I do not have another account and I really need to be submitting proposals. 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Sarah,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Deepa T Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

Bojan S Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Deepa.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Walter V Community Member

Hello,

Brand-new to Upwork, and while setting up my information, I have not received a text with a phone verification code. 

Could someone please help me with this issue?

Thanks,

Walter

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Walter,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Nicole H Community Member

Hello, 

I tried to verify my phone number for my new Upwork account, however I was unable to because the same number is attached to an old account I never even submitted. Would someone be able to offer some assistance? Thank you so much! 

Nicki

Hi Nicole,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple freelancer accounts. Please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the previous account you're referring to. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Antisia M Community Member

Hello,

I've tried to verify my phone number but since yesterday morning didn't receive any verification code therefore it is impossible to submit proposals for jobs. Hope you can help. Thanks in advance

Hi Antisia,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Alexandria H Community Member

same issue

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Alexandria,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Alexandria H Community Member

I cannot create my account because the verificaiton code is not sending to me. 

Muhammad E Community Member

Hello There
I hope you are saved and well.

I have traveled from Saudi Arabia to Egypt and I want to change my phone number. text message verification has been sent to the Saudi number phone. I tried to change the number, but it also sends activation to the Saudi number and I am currently in Egypt.

Can you help me to change my phone number?

Thank you.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Muhammad E Community Member

Thanks, Joanne.
Rora O Community Member

Hello, I am having difficulty completing my account profile. On step 10, it asks for my phone number, and I get an error message saying that my phone number is in use. However I received a verification number via text from Upwork that was needed to verify my phone number. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Rora, 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths