🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I just want my site back
Page options
fcab1d43
Community Member

I just want my site back

This is my 1st experience with Upwork. I am creating a Recovery Blog (Addiction Recovery). I expressed to her that I work a day job and I need time to create content and that I just needed her to create donation and payment pages and buttons, and I just dont have the time to research how to do it, but that I was open to suggestions on page creation. At first she tried to get me to pay her $950, but once she realized I knew a little something she quoted me for $300 and I put $350 on the contract. I tried to be a good person and hired someone with a 70% JSR after they explained what seemed to be a good reason for the score at that time, and I have missed three days of work because they just became unresponsive and my site was displaying a 404, and for days at this point. When she finally did reply 8 days later, she claimed it was Upwork's messaging system, twice. She gives me a link to my site on her site just now and it's literally a site template that she threw my name on, not my correct business name even, and none of my original content. My site is still displaying a 404 and at this point I just want my original site back, and my money. I expressed to her that I had already completed most of the site but I needed help with payment and donation pages and buttons. She didn't even use my theme and not one thing from my brand board. This was not my site. I just want my site back. I see people mentioning how there aren't very many jobs listed on Uowork anymore and this is why. This has been a bightnare and has done the exact opposite of what I wanted, time to create content. It's hard enough starting a blog when you had no idea all that goes into it. She pretended to care about the cause and acted like she was hooking me up with a 10 day deadline. The site that she threw my name on I could have even completed in 20 mins. It has taken her 2 weeks and did I mention no payment pages or buttons? Can someone tell me how to handle this. Like I said I have missed 3 days of work now and I'm just getting so frustrated. There would have to be a very happy ending to this story for me or mine to use Upwork again. I can't let myself ask for a headache. I had enough of that in my addiction. Just saying. HELP. Up goes the smoke signals. Help.

2 REPLIES 2
colettelewis
Community Member

Samantha, I think you need help from customer support, so I have flagged your post and I hope a moderator will soon intervene. 

ArjayM

Hi Samantha,

I'm sorry to hear the contract didn't go well and you didn't receive the product you expected, Samantha. It looks like the contract you may be referring to has already been ended and a refund has been issued. Still, we'll have one of our support agents reach out to you directly to offer help and any additional clarifications you may need. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths