🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I re-open my account after a year
Page options
batool_muzamila
Community Member

I re-open my account after a year

I built my profile a while ago but haven't used it,as I was on full time job at that time. Now, I re-opened my account. What should I do to make my account more visible and get work. As my profile show zero work. Will this effect my overall profile image?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
349e77ec
Community Member

Hello Muzamila B

Nice to see you here

I open my account in February and start to work at the end of August. It doesn't matter if you start with your old id.

I know landing the first job is very hard at this time. But I have a few suggestions for you

1. Try to build a quality profile

2. Keep Updating your skill

3. Understand client requirements and then bid accordingly

4. At initially don't bid on a proposal that requires high connects (My opinion)

I got my first job after submitting 50+ proposals, so don't lose hope.

Best Wishes to you

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
349e77ec
Community Member

Hello Muzamila B

Nice to see you here

I open my account in February and start to work at the end of August. It doesn't matter if you start with your old id.

I know landing the first job is very hard at this time. But I have a few suggestions for you

1. Try to build a quality profile

2. Keep Updating your skill

3. Understand client requirements and then bid accordingly

4. At initially don't bid on a proposal that requires high connects (My opinion)

I got my first job after submitting 50+ proposals, so don't lose hope.

Best Wishes to you

bkvrma
Community Member

Welcome Back Muzamila B on Upwork community

Your Query - I open my account in February and start to work at the end of August. It doesn't matter if you start with your old id.

1. build a quality profile with slective words

2. what you have and what you do for other when you analysis later Updating your skill

3. Firstly you read and Understand client requirements and then bid according to job requirnement. 

4. smooth or light bid most effective for new seller.

5. include money back guarantee making highly trust..

Best Wishes to you

Thanks you for your kind reply

rasheduzzaman24
Community Member

Hello Muzamila,

Thanks for Coming to Our Biggest Marketplace All over the World.
If you re-open a New Account I will suggest you something as a Freelance.
1. First of all you need to have expertise in any category of freelancing and with that expertise you need to move ahead.
2. Then according to that category you have to decorate your profile nicely. Added some portfolio. Which makes your profile attractive to the client.
3. You see the job and need to understand the job description then bid on those times well.
4. And be more active after bidding.
5. Before applying for the job you need to write a cover letter very well with a good understanding of the job.
6. Never Lose Confidence always stick to it.
7. Continue with patience and success will come.

I hope you get a job If you follow this structure. Best wishes for your new journey on Upwork.

Thanks alot.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths