🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Inquiry
Page options
ekarugiah
Community Member

Inquiry

Hello Team,

Am new to upwork,i have been submitting proposals,sometimes i get interviews then the client goes silent when i check on the job posting it still shows as active,am worried as i have been buying connects  please advise wht this happens.

Also could someone please check my profile and possibly advise on what should improve on.

Kind Regards,

Eunice Karugiah

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Hey Eunice - It looks like you've just joined and have already gotten your first job, so that's a great start. For a lot of freelancers, it can take months before they get their first job (and many never do). And don't worry about clients going quiet after an interview; that's quite normal. (You could even take it as a compliment, since some "clients" only interview new freelancers in order to take advantage of them; perhaps they thought that you weren't the sort of person who would fall for a scam!)

I see that you've got three skill sets listed in your profiles. The virtual assistant/data entry market is filled with freelancers who will promise the moon, sun and stars for $3/hour, so it's very difficult to get hired in this category. Graphic design is also difficult to get started in, so I wouldn't focus on that either, since you don't have enough portfolio items or experience (at least, that's the impression that I got from your profile - if you can make improvements to it, then go for it). 

So, I would focus on the marketing aspect of my business, if I were you. But you also need to improve that portfolio to say more specifically what problems you can solve for a client and what results you can deliver; right now, you've got hardly any information in there. And if you've done successful projects for clients outside of Upwork, you might want to ask 2-3 of them to write a short testimonial for you so that you can add it to your overview until you have some reviews here.

Thank you for your great insight let me work on my profile.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths