🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Interview through a gofile.io application
Page options
5adf0e39
Community Member

Interview through a gofile.io application

I have received a message in reply to a submitted proposal to use a gofile.io link to an interview.  Has anyone been asked to do something similar or actually use the gofile.io link?  I'm concerned through some Google searches that the website is not safe.  Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Judy,

Thanks for flagging this for us. I checked your report and action has been taken on the client account due to violations of Upwork's TOS.

Please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Judy R wrote:

I have received a message in reply to a submitted proposal to use a gofile.io link to an interview.  Has anyone been asked to do something similar or actually use the gofile.io link?  I'm concerned through some Google searches that the website is not safe.  Thanks.

Just tell the client you prefer all communication through upwork, as they will make this mandatory very soon (before hire) and you want to comply already.

Also, this is a scam.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Judy,

Thanks for flagging this for us. I checked your report and action has been taken on the client account due to violations of Upwork's TOS.

Please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths