🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Invitation to interview
Page options
9861d067
Community Member

Invitation to interview

Hello!

I've been invited to interview, and I accepted the invitation. The client has reached out and asked me to fill out a form for their database. She has given me the link, but I am reluctant to continue.

Isn't it against the policy to do anything outside of the platform of Upwork, other than the work?

Please advise!

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

That sounds highly suspicious. I've been freelancing for 25 years and no client has ever needed to add me to a database - what on earth for? You aren't allowed to give out your contact information, and whatever else the client needs to know should be in your profile. Ask them what questions they have and answer them only on the Upwork message board. Better yet, ask if you can schedule a video interview - that usually stops scammers in their tracks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

That sounds highly suspicious. I've been freelancing for 25 years and no client has ever needed to add me to a database - what on earth for? You aren't allowed to give out your contact information, and whatever else the client needs to know should be in your profile. Ask them what questions they have and answer them only on the Upwork message board. Better yet, ask if you can schedule a video interview - that usually stops scammers in their tracks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths