🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge ...
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540

Hi Chaitanya,

You earn 40 free Connects for successfully passing the Upwork Readiness Test for the first time, but is not an indicator that you qualified for the badge. The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I joined upwork 6 month ago and passed readiness test as well. Also, i submitted porposal regularly. Do some projects on time and deliver to clients. But I can't get Rising Talent badge. Anybody help me, so I get this badge to my profile. Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed in this help article. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi

I am a new freelancer who joined Upwork a month ago, I have completed my profile and passed the Upwork readiness test, I was waiting for Rising talent badge, but meanwhile, I have to remove my one job from my employment History due to today's NDA signed with my client, would this affect my rising talent badge?

qaishy
Community Member

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well,

I am new freelancer joined upwork a month ago, now i was waiting for rising talent badge, but i have to remove one of my ongoing job from employment due to recent NDA, signed with client? Can any tell how this will effect my profile and my rising talent badge.

Best

Hi Mojiz and Qaiser,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hey Freelancers!

I started working on Upwork in February 2021 but my account is older than it but it was approved this year so am I still eligible for rising talent?. I am interacting a lot these days, using connects, bought membership plan, and replying to clients as early as possible still haven't received the rising talent badge. 

Looking for answers!

Hi, 

I have one query related to the rising talent badge. I created my profile in 2020 and didn't continue for a whole year. In fact, I don't remember how it was approved. I just made the profile.  In 2021 I decided to start freelancing and passed the readiness test, plus completed my profile 100% and won four jobs. One is running. I got 5 stars on 2 jobs and 3rd hasn't ended the contract even work has finished.  I still didn't receive the rising talent badge even I actively send proposals and won interviews too. Is it because I didn't use my profile when I made it that I am not receiving the rising talent badge? I didn't find any information that can address if this is the issue. 

Thanks 

Hi Sadaf,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello! I just did everything in rules to get my rising talent badge. Please I wanna know what's missing me. Thanks...

Hi Ahmed,

Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I want to apply For Rising Talent Programe. I have Passed Upwork Readiness test with 4.50/5.00 Rating. I have a complete Profile Good Reputation with Recent Projects.

Hi Muhammad,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hey, Can someone see my profile and tell why my rising talent badge is gone and how can I get it back?

Hi Muhammad,

Once you meet the criteria listed here, you will earn a Rising Talent badge again. Please allow at least 24 to 48 hours for it to be added automatically. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I don't have JSS yet, how do I get the RT badge?
Profile complete.
Active over a month, earning, and applying for new gigs. Got a bonus and good feedback.
- faizanusuf
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Faizan,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you’ll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Can you please specify the average period to get a rising talent badge after meeting all the criteria?

Hello Zohaib,

It may take up to 48 hours to see the Rising Talent badge on your profile after meeting the qualifications listed here.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

I have met all the criteria of the Upwork Rising Talent Badge and have $650+ Earnings but still, haven't received the Upwork rising talent badge. 

Please help me

Hi Dev,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yes, But I have met all the requirements mentioned above for a  long time now. I don't find any reason why am I not given the rising talent badge?

I just want to bring this to Upwork's attention so that they can award me the rising talent badge  

Dev M wrote:

I just want to bring this to Upwork's attention so that they can award me the rising talent badge  

It's automatic. You don't have to bring anything to anybody's attention.

If and when you qualify, you will get it automatically. If you haven't got it, that means you don't currently qualify.

Well, it seems as if there is a problem in the system because I have checked each and every requirements and I fulfil all of them. Anyone can check my profile to verify the same. 

Dev M wrote:

Well, it seems as if there is a problem in the system because I have checked each and every requirements and I fulfil all of them. 

As you can't have checked the all-important private feedback your clients have left you, you can't possibly have checked "each and every" requirement.

If you qualified, you'd have the badge. It'sd automatic. The fact that you don't have the badge proves that you (currently) don't qualify.

Hi, I'm a freelancer at upwork. Please can anyone explain how to get Rising Talent badge?

Hi Kashif Ali,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Why I can't reach the Rising Talent Badge, because I have met all the criteria?

Same here

Hi Abdulla and Shakil,

Once qualified you will both receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

But I have now around 1 month when I have met all criteria

I think is a problem with you guys, with UpWork.

Abdulla F wrote:

I think is a problem with you guys, with UpWork.

Things like filling out your profile and taking the readiness test mean that you're eligible for the badge, it doesn't mean that you'll definitely get it. They also consider things like your experience, education, skills and the overall strength of your profile, and some people don't get a badge until after they complete a few projects with excellent reviews. If it was really easy for everyone to get a badge, then it wouldn't mean anything, would it?

Same, I've been earning 100$+ with 5.0 upwork readiness score, 3 jobs, a high rating feedback from client but I'm not even a rising talent. Someone enlighten me on how I can become a rising talent? (Please check my profile) Thanks so much!

Hi! Good day! Can you also check my profile if I am eligible for Rising Talent thank you!

Hi Aamir and Charmine,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i already pass the upwork rediness test and i get 5.0 out of 5.0 my profile is 100% complete but why Talent badge is not appear on my profile .

Hi ABDUL,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi!

I want to ask you a question about my profile. I registered on the 20th of January and filled out my profile completely (100%). I successfully completed my first project, and I submitted the relevant jobs.
Having said that, according to the Upwork rules, my Rising Talent badge was supposed to appear by now.
Tell me please, is it something that I can do to receive the badge?

Hi Vladyslava,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths