🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is it require to match name of upwork agency ...
Page options
rajivranjan77
Community Member

Is it require to match name of upwork agency owner to the bank account holder to getting paid?

Does the upwork need to match name of agency owner to the bank account holder? If we want to get paid in agency ?

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rajiv,

Freelancers can add their own bank account or a company bank account as a payment method.

If you`re setting up your personal bank account as a payment method, your bank account name needs to match your Upwork name or your name needs to be listed as a beneficiary name on the account. To learn more about our payment methods and how to add one check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goren, 

But my concern is bit different - 

Currently I am individual freelancer and I want to start agency on upwork to apply jobs behalf of my company name to customer. But i not sure about how to get paid and setup bank account with upwork naming conventions in case of agency owners.

As per my knowledge that I learn in your articals that in individual freelancer upwork require bank account name should match to the upwork profile name. But here as an agency owner does this same rule apply or not?

Should I add company direct bank account for getting paid? As company bank account name should be different than the profile name of upwork , so just want to check what should happen in this case?

Is it require to match name of upwork agency owner to the bank account holder to getting paid in base of agency owner?

or what is best medium to get paid if you are working as an agency 

Please help. Thank you

Hi  Rajiv,

You can set up a company bank account as a payment method for your agency. If additional verifications are needed our team will reach out to you and assist you further. 

If the agency owner wants to add a personal bank account, their bank account name needs to match their Upwork name.

To learn more about setting up a payment method please refer to the guide I`ve shared in my previous post. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear Goren, My company bank account is US Bank or (bank of america) as we are registered in USA so we want that our new agency profile payment options link to that bank account (Direct) But again I am confirming the confusion that when first project land in our profile than this payment should go to our direct company bank account (USA bank) but here the profile is registered with my individual name (Rajiv Ranjan) so the bank account is not match anyway from my name, I just want if you clarify this again and we will proceed. Thanks for your help.

I think it would be much better if you can help me on  voice call , i can understand you much much better way. 

As we are new here so we don't want to clarify our all concerns so that it will not get us in trouble in future. 

Thanks you

Hi Rajiv,

I`m sorry about the confusion or if something was not clear.
You`re more than welcomed to add your company bank account as a payment method. Company bank accounts dosen't need to match your name but our team will assist you in verifying your payment method. Once the verification is completed you will be able to withdraw your earnings. 

Feel free to continue with your agency profile and setting up your payment method. If you experience any problems you can reach out to us (moderators) here at any time. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

When did I get in touch with your team? Like will they connect with me after I add bank account or when? 

Do they have any other pre requirement that need to be done prior we start work?

Hi Rajib,

There's no requirement that you will need to fulfill before starting to work on projects. To learn more about managing an agency check out this Help Article. After you have added your payment method if any additional verifications are needed our team will reach out to you directly via ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
5dcd0207
Community Member

I want to know that my agency account and personal bank account are the same? when I get paid as an agency, money will transfer to my personal bank account which is linked to my freelancer account. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths