🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is it safe to use my full name in proposals?
Page options
hzemel
Community Member

Is it safe to use my full name in proposals?

Hello Community!

I'm about to submit my first proposal. Do freelancers commonly use just their 1st name and last initial, like the common profile name format or is it generally safe to use your full name in a proposal?

Thanks!

Hayley

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Do freelancers commonly use just their 1st name and last initial, like the common profile name format or is it generally safe to use your full name in a proposal?"

??

I don't put my name in proposals.

Why would you need to do that?

Every proposal that clients receive appears in their interface attached to a picture of your face and your name. You can control how your name appears (First Name/Last name, or First Name/Last Initial) in your profile settings.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Hayley,

You can use your complete name if you like or just use your first name and your surname's initial. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have an unusual last name.  I never use it in a proposal as I'm too easy for the crazies to find!

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Do freelancers commonly use just their 1st name and last initial, like the common profile name format or is it generally safe to use your full name in a proposal?"

??

I don't put my name in proposals.

Why would you need to do that?

Every proposal that clients receive appears in their interface attached to a picture of your face and your name. You can control how your name appears (First Name/Last name, or First Name/Last Initial) in your profile settings.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

I sign any professional cover letter with my full name. Why wouldn't I? I want clients who are sufficiently interested to check my credentials beyond UW and see how well qualified I am.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths