🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Looking to get back into UpWork
Page options
bmoisa
Community Member

Looking to get back into UpWork

Hello fellow freelancers, 

I haven't been active on UpWork for the last three years, but since a lot has changed for me, I'm looking to get back into it and have several questions. 

My profile is set to private. Should I hold off on applying for jobs until it gets public again? 

I have applied to several jobs before I noticed that my profile was set to private because of inactivity.  Will this hurt my chances? 

Old Unfinished Business 

I went through my contracts and saw that I have two still active. I messaged the client for one of them and asked him to close it, but the other employer simply vanished and the contract is left active. I'm not sure whether this will hurt my job success rate. Does anyone know how to get rid of that inactive contract? 

Finally, I'd like to change my focus from writing content to web development. I don't have a lot of websites to show in my portfolio but I'm working on it. Does anyone have any experience with changing 'careers' on UpWork?  Any tips for starting on web development freelancing are also welcomed. 

Finally, if there are some other things that have changed and I've missed and are important or if you have any other wisdom to share, know that I'll appreciate it! 

Thank you and have a lovely weekend, 

Bogdan 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Bogdan M wrote:

My profile is set to private. Should I hold off on applying for jobs until it gets public again? 

No need, it will be visible to clients you apply to.

Bogdan M wrote:

I have applied to several jobs before I noticed that my profile was set to private because of inactivity.  Will this hurt my chances? 

No

Bogdan M wrote:

Old Unfinished Business 

I'm not sure whether this will hurt my job success rate. Does anyone know how to get rid of that inactive contract? 

Just close it. It doesn't hurt you open or closed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Bogdan M wrote:

No need, it will be visible to clients you apply to.

Bogdan M wrote:

No

Bogdan M wrote:

Old Unfinished Business 

I'm not sure whether this will hurt my job success rate. Does anyone know how to get rid of that inactive contract? 

Just close it. It doesn't hurt you open or closed.

bmoisa
Community Member

Thanks for the info. 

I just figured out how to close the contracts. I was under the impression that only the client can do that. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths