🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Milestone funded
Page options
madhus4
Community Member

Milestone funded

Can someone please help me out. My client added a milestone, but it doesn’t say it is funded. Should I start working on it or not?
Will I be protected by Upwork?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Madhumika S wrote:

1) Can someone please help me out. My client added a milestone, but it doesn’t say it is funded. 2) Should I start working on it or not?
3) Will I be protected by Upwork?

1) Unless it says "Funded" and there is a "Submit and request payment" button next to it, it is NOT funded.

2) Not until it is funded and has a "Submit and request payment" button next to it, NO!

3) Not unless it is funded and has a "Submit and request payment" button next to it, NO!

@Hieu T wrote:

I believe agreed amount is $210 mean it is funded.

You believe wrong. Agreed amount is the total value of the contract and has nothing to do with funding or otherwise

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
tranvanhieu
Community Member

You can check agian in a few hours.

Hieu T
Vietnamese translator

It’s been a whole day, hence I thought I will ask.
petra_r
Community Member

@Madhumika S wrote:
It’s been a whole day, hence I thought I will ask.

Do you see a "Submit work and request payment" button? If it there, it's funded. If not, it isn't.

petra_r
Community Member

@Madhumika S wrote:

1) Can someone please help me out. My client added a milestone, but it doesn’t say it is funded. 2) Should I start working on it or not?
3) Will I be protected by Upwork?

1) Unless it says "Funded" and there is a "Submit and request payment" button next to it, it is NOT funded.

2) Not until it is funded and has a "Submit and request payment" button next to it, NO!

3) Not unless it is funded and has a "Submit and request payment" button next to it, NO!

@Hieu T wrote:

You believe wrong. Agreed amount is the total value of the contract and has nothing to do with funding or otherwise

madhus4
Community Member

Thanks Petra! 😄

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Madhumika,

I checked the contract from your screenshot and can confirm the second Milestone is not funded. As Petra advised, you should start working only after the Milestone is funded and you can see a "(funded)" tag next to it, the same tag which is showing on the third Milestone on one of your other active contracts.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you and after reading her comment, I checked with my client as well. 

Upwork community is awesome. Thanks!:D

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths