🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Milestone
Page options
whengcaponpon
Community Member

Milestone

I have this client asking me for Milestone Charge. Upon checking in My Job she the project still not awarded to me.

She is messaging me thru telegram. I ask her if the project is outside the Upwork and she said No.

What must i do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply. I'll take note of your suggestions.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

The first thing you must do is stop contacting clients off of Upwork before a project is awarded, since that's against the terms of service and could get your account suspended. The second thing you should do is read the following, so you stop wasting your time with scammers who are trying to steal your money. https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Thank you for your reply. I'll take note of your suggestions.

Hello. I have a question regarding the milestone contract. So I have been working with this client for 4 weeks now. She didn't want an hourly contract so I always need to PROPOSE another milestone every week because that is what we have agreed, for me to get paid each week. But now that she is busy, she's asking me if it's possible to like create multiple milestone or "set a payment as salary every week" (that is her term) for us to not always manually create another contract each week. Her point is to create an automatic milestone so I wont be manually creating them every week. she said that her contractor have done that previously? but I told her that it's not showing in my end, and that I cannot navigate how to do that. I hope you can help me. Let me know if it's possible to do that and how? Thank you!

cyber_sec007
Community Member

The second thing: Verify if you have an offer or contract from the client. Have you ever received something like this (it comes in Messages)? If you have not, you know there is no contract.

upwork offer.png

thank you sir..

pgiambalvo
Community Member

If she wants you to use Telegram before a contract is in place, it is probably a scam. The client is violating the ToS by asking you to do that and they should be suspended.

Thank you for your answer.. I have already reported the client.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths