🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New freelancer mistake
Page options
7e6361cd
Community Member

New freelancer mistake

They should not allow jobs that are referral links. I signed up for a job to and it turned out to be me signing up for another website which the client makes a referral bonus. I guess I learned my lesson.

I edited this message because they do not allot me to show screen shots or use the clients name.

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Chris:

The good news is:

This is all under YOUR CONTROL.

You are the one who decides if you will be scammed or not.

All you need to do is learn what YOUR mistakes were in this situation, and you can avoid making those same mistakes again in the future.

Successful freelancers know they can't control what clients and scammers do. They can only control what they themselves do. So focus on that.

ArjayM

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear about this experience you had with a client. I have shared your report and the user to the appropriate team for further review and rest assured that actions will be taken in accordance with our TOS. You may want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as an Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths