🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
Andrea G Community Manager

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

5,412 REPLIES 5,412
Saif Ullah K Community Member

I am a seasoned PHP Laravel developer with specializing in eCommerce solutions and Real Estate ERP. I have successfully delivered large-scale web applications and powerful eCommerce platforms, earning the satisfaction of numerous clients. My expertise extends to providing valuable consultations for startups and incubations worldwide.

Gener V Community Member

Hi everyone, Gener Volante at your service, I am a experienced Sales agent more on Telemarketing BPO industry, feel free to visit my profile and give feedbacks with my profile view to give advice on what more do I need to change so my profile can look clean and professional, I am also new here.

Good day to everyone!

David S Community Member

Nively done - Good luck

Aki I Community Member

My name is Aki Ifeoma am a Nigerian and based in the Port Harcourt city of Nigeria.

I am an Environmental health officer and also a public Administrator.

I love to write, research, act and dance.

I am here to put in use my talents and potentials to help me free myself from financial instabilities.

Feel free to contact or refer me for opportunities.

I am open to learning, corrections and advancing.

Hope I am welcome......

Much Love 🥰

Nikke K Community Member

Hi I'm Nik, and I am from the beautiful state of Montana! I am studying to become a copywriter, and have finished a course with AWAI on writing email copy. 

I am hoping to learn more about attracting and interacting with clients. While the AWAI courses have done well with training us to write, and even going over our examples, I feel that this is something that was lacking and I could use help with.

Seeing the success of other AWAI students inspires me, but deep down its looking at where I am currently in life that inspires and motivates me to be be and do better.

David S Community Member

Wow, What a wonderful place to live.

I bet i could also hire you for some fantastic nature footage for a video project too!

Good Luck

Faith D Community Member

Hi, I'm Faith 

I'm new here and I need help with getting jobs. I am good at proof reading, copy typing and editing, audio editing, voice over, content writing.

I would appreciate all the help I can get from this community.

Thank you!

Lucy A Community Member

Hi,I'm Lucy,from Kenya, I have specialized in data entries,data processing, proofreading, editing and all the document formatting features.I also have a lot of experience in Microsoft Excel and database.I'm still eager to learn more on this field from my fellow freelancers.

So far I've sent a lot of proposals but they're declined. I haven't found any job so far. I would like someone to connect me with a client so that I can deliver my services and start enjoying from my services.Thank you.

Sathya M Community Member

Hey All

My name is Sai

I am data entry operator

Please help me upwork job

Praise O Community Member

Hello I'm here to seek for greener pastur

Daniele M Community Member

Hi there! I'm Daniele

Currently working as a V.A, it's my first freelance gig here on Upwork, and super excited to learn lots of different things.

Mohammed K Community Member

My name is Mohammed, from Ethiopia. I want to work on jobs like data entry, copy and pasting, document editing, translating any language by Google translator, photo background changing.

I wanna to learn from other community members as how they respect their jobs and clients by finishing their duties on time, different cultures, the way they growth their income, the quality of their work, good relationship with both client and community members.

The way this platform provide job and benefits those engaged in the work was inspired me more to research the job and work.

S W Community Member

Hello! I'm totally new to this and I am looking for a position with Customer Service background. I have been in management for some time as well.

Making sure people have good experiences is some what motivational to me. 

Maria Celina A Community Member

Hi! I'm Michie and I just joined Upwork. I am currently a stay-at-home-mom and am looking for part-time work to help sustain our family (currently with 2 kids). I am looking for data entry, transcription or administrative jobs that I can do in my own time. I'm based in Manila, Philippines.

I hope I can learn best practices from other members so I can slowly but surely build my own portfolio of clients.

I am greatly inspired by my husband who has such great work ethic and is really dedicated to doing the best in his job.

I look forward to learning so much from this community!

Julie A Community Member

Hello, I'm Julie. I'm from the Philippines. I'm into ghostwriting, and I hope to find jobs related to my passion.

I want to learn how to improve my profile and how to find clients, too. A friend of mine introduced me to Upwork, so I tried it, hoping to have a side hustle.

Joy P Community Member

Hello there, I'm Joy Pal from Dhaka, Bangladesh.

I’m a passionate full-stack web developer and virtual assistant with a knack for Data Entry. My expertise extends to Microsoft and Google products. Whether it’s coding, managing data, or providing administrative support. I pride myself on meticulous work, whether it’s copy-pasting data or crafting elegant web solutions. My goal is to exceed your expectations.

Full Stack Web Development: Proficient in both front-end (HTML, CSS, JavaScript) and back-end (Node.js, Python, PHP) development.
Data Entry: Meticulous and efficient data handling.
Virtual Assistance: From scheduling to inbox management, I’ve got you covered.
Microsoft and Google Products: Experienced with Office Suite, Google Workspace, and more.
Copy-Paste: Detail-oriented and accurate. etc.

Let’s collaborate closely to achieve your project goals. I’m committed to delivering quality results on time. :rocket:

If you want to see which project I've done, Check out my GitHub profile:Joy Pal - GitHub 

Mauricio M Community Member

Hi, everyone! I'm Mauricio and I'm new on this platform, I work on translations from English to Spanish and vice versa, I live in Venezuela, apart from this, I'm  an English teacher and  I teach conversational English mostly to teenagers and adult people, I rarely work with children. What I want to learn here is first, how it works, and I'm doing my best to get it, unless I haven't got my first job yet, I'm sure that it will come in any time, so I keep getting better my profile and sending proposals meanwhile. Talking about what inspired me to be here, I think is: I need another income apart from what I have now because it's not enough anymore, so I have to look for other chance to improve my income. On the other hand, I'm a follower of  @elmiguelsebio, he's a top rated freelancer on this platform and it could be said that he inspired me somehow.   

Nancy B Community Member

Hello! My name is Nancy from Jakarta, Indonesia. I'm a virtual assistant specializing in email marketing, social media management, and administrative tasks. I would appreciate any insights from members of the similar fields, learn from your experiences on how to attract clients and achieve success in this new journey. Thank you and appreciate your feedbacks.

Nada G Community Member

I work in design

My location is Egypt

I hope to lern design

My source of in spir ation the phone 

Lijalem D Community Member

I'm Lijalem Daniel from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

I’m a passionate IT Support Technician and virtual assistant with a knack for Data Entry. My expertise extends to Microsoft and Google products. Whether it’s coding, managing data, or providing administrative support. I pride myself on meticulous work, whether it’s copy-pasting data . My goal is to exceed your expectations.

Data Entry: Meticulous and efficient data handling.
Virtual Assistance: From scheduling to inbox management, I’ve got you covered.
Microsoft and Google Products: Experienced with Microsoft Office,Office 365, Google Workspace, and more.
Copy-Paste: Detail-oriented and accurate. etc.

Let’s collaborate closely to achieve your project goals. I’m committed to delivering quality results on time.

Irenieta D Community Member

I'm new here. Willing to work for additional knowledge in exchange video editing. I'm using premiere pro as of the moment.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Gene D Community Member

Welcome

Irenieta D Community Member

Thank you, Gene!

Madhu V Community Member

Are you looking for someone to do Data Entry work? Then, you are at the right place. I will be your Virtual Assistant. I've great experience in Data Entry, Data Scraping, and Virtual Assistance, I use some premium tools to ensure my work is not only accurate but also highly efficient.

My core competencies lie under:

►Data Entry

►Copy Paste Work

►Typing in Excel

►PDF to Excel

► Lead Generation

► Data Entry

I also have excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Data Scraping.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Linda K Community Member

Hello! I am Linda. I've been in the Virtual Assistant job for 3 years with only one consistent client.  I have had multi jobs in with this client.  I made administrative services, specific appointment settings,  executive assistance,  graphic designing, advertising and more.  

I wanted to explore more businesses out there . I need  bigger opportunities at a  specific  description from a more stable and growing client.  I can help clients grow immensely  through the assistance I provide, virtually.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths