🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,849 REPLIES 1,849
ebfa36f9
Community Member

Hi everyone my name is Mian muneeb Ahmad and I am a content writer 

6b5762c0
Community Member

I Am new here at upwork...thank you

6b5762c0
Community Member

Hi Upwork community..I am Nestor Salva from Philippines..I am beginner in this platform and i willing to learn and find a part time job....thank you

e121cb0a
Community Member

Hello, my fellow upworkers! How is it going for you? I am Safrin, a content writer and graphic designer from India. I've been working as a content creator for the past 5 years and gained a significant amount of information and experience! I am new to UpWork and looking forward to meeting my other talented content creators here! Let's talk!

10cae15e
Community Member

Hello Andrea, Drew here and I'm hoping for positive results on Upwork!

1. Freelance Graphic Design, Website/Digital Marketing, Social Media Manager and CAD Designer out of Oklahoma.
  2. I'm hoping for tips on the best ways to attract jobs.
  3. Creativity, drive and ingenuity.
ashlee-huff
Community Member

Hi Upwork community!  I'm Ashlee, I live in Florida with my daughter and cats.  I have several years experience working in Accounting/Finance, but recently took a detour into the Dev world and completed a 6-month Full Stack Web Development bootcamp.  I'm having a hard time figuring out how to sell myself since, my work experience is in a field I'm not as interested in these days.  I haven't had any real-world work experience with web development yet.  Any suggestions appreciated!

ee799748
Community Member

Greetings from South Africa!

I am thrilled to join the Upwork community as a virtual assistant. Based in SA I am passionate about providing exceptional administrative support to clients worldwide. With a diverse skill set and a commitment to excellence, I am eager to collaborate with fellow professionals and expand my knowledge in this dynamic field.

ef32cd09
Community Member

I have been working in three jobs since graduation, but I have not been very stable. I now want to do a job that I enjoy. I want to be an international Chinese teacher and learn and communicate with foreign friends. I have worked in sales before, and my communication skills are still good. I also want to work in photography because I really enjoy photography!

Hi Siwen, welcome to Upwork! I have reviewed your profile, and I would like to suggest that you update it to be in English. This way, people who do not understand Chinese will also be able to hire you.

Kind regards.

noroto
Community Member

Hi 
I am Sadia Arshad. I am a Virtual Assistant by profession and have 10+ years experience. I am new on Upwork and looking forward for a good response form the clients. Excellence service is my priority.

56b9b9f5
Community Member

Greetings,

I'm new to this platform and eager to secure some work opportunities. With over 25 years of experience as a graphic designer, I have had the privilege of working with numerous companies in both freelance and full-time capacities. However, for the past seven years, I have diverted my focus towards photography and exploring new opportunities in this field. I have a particular interest in finding catalog jobs where I can engage in end-to-end work, starting from photographing a company's products and proceeding to design and produce catalogs for both online and print distribution. Although I am uncertain if such opportunities exist, I thought it was worth a try. In terms of photography, my recent work has primarily revolved around real estate photography, while also exploring the realm of newborn photography.

I am currently based in the scenic state of New Hampshire, located in the United States.

Throughout my career, I have always found great value in engaging with communities of like-minded individuals. These communities have served as invaluable resources, offering opportunities to stay updated on industry trends and gather insightful suggestions on various aspects of the profession.

As for what inspires me, it's the prospect of finding a fulfilling job that I can wholeheartedly embrace. I have a deep appreciation for nature and find solace in spending time outdoors.

Thank you for considering my introduction. I look forward to exploring potential collaborations and opportunities here.

Warm regards,

Jill

55c63efd
Community Member

Hi, My name is Sylvia Chidiogo Okwaraji, I work in the field of Administrative Assistant and Project Management. I am from Nigeria but I am located in Dakar Senegal.

I am hoping to learn from and engage with top professionals in the field to help me build and grow a solid brand here on Upwork and beyond. There are a lot of testimonies concerning This field, my friends and team members are also witnesses, and it inspires me more. 🤗🤗

50e0e0e2
Community Member

I am from Ethiopia

Dawit Lemma
2a577975
Community Member

I'm from the Philippines and  I work in the field of IT (supervisory level) --  but for Upwork, I'm interested in data entry/migration jobs.  I want to learn how to get my first job because I find it very challenging.  I want to try working from home

d1ea5a6a
Community Member

Hello everyone! 

My name is Esther and I'm an aspiring freelance writer and educator from the United States.  I hope to learn how to market myself and begin my freelance writing career. I plan to freelance part-time while possibly pursuing a career as a teacher or coach. Friends, professors, and family have inspired me to pursue my passions. 

c2bfcd65
Community Member

Hello! I'm Francisco from Venezuela, I'm a Graphic Designer I been working with flyer, poster, clothing and branding.
I come here go to the next level with my work, learning from another people and why i come here to start as freelancer is because my last boss in my country make me think that is better work as freelancer at the moment 

7d3a3404
Community Member

Hi 

I am Omprakash Sharma from India . I am fresher and looking for the translation, transcription and proofreading work. By the help of community I want to learn basics of upwork and how to make profile to get job.

4a48ed8d
Community Member

My name is Katie and I'm located in Maryland, USA. I'm like a jack-of-all-trades: I'm able to do graphic desgin, web design, creative writing, and technical writing. I hoping to share and learn from other members in their expertise  and possibly network as well.  I'm also hoping to able to publish some of my own writing as well and be able to share my expertise through writing.

2a577975
Community Member

Hi everyone! 

I'm from the Philippines and  I have been working  for more than 20 years in the field of IT (supervisory level) --  but for Upwork, I'm interested in data entry/migration jobs.  I want to learn how to get my first job because I find it very challenging.  Also, I want to try working from home

8d3b19cd
Community Member

Hi my name is Annabelle A. Macabenta. I am in a BPO industry since 2013. I am a customer service expert, I should say an expert because I've been doing a customer service since 2009. My specialty is with travel business. I am located in the Philippines. I'm looking forward to learn more and I am also willing to share the knowledge that I got from my experiences. My family is the one who inspires me. They are the reason why I am working and also it's my passion to help others aswell

44adab02
Community Member

1. Hii! I live in Delhi, India. I want to work in the tech sector. I want to work as a data analyst or business analyst.

2. I am hoping to learn professionalism, and how to be responsive and disciplined.

3. It's me. Self-motivated.

e2f36c10
Community Member

Hello,  I'm looking for the first job for initiating my career as a freelancer. I'm an Accountant, Thus I have an experience of Book keeping & taxes 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

99b410a6
Community Member

HI, 

My Name is Manik Vhuiyan. I am from Bangladesh.  My strong attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, and proficiency in data entry tasks

91c9c59e
Community Member

Hi! am new here and i just got my first offer as a virtual assistant. i have accepted the offer but don't know what to do next. should i wait for the client to tell me what to do? am i suppose to log in my time? pls someone should help

b49e5b36
Community Member

Hello my name is Conceicao dos Santos, i'm new here, hope you can help me with my profile. 

7d786cbf
Community Member

Hello All! My Name is Eunice, I am a Virtual Assitant. I specialize in content writing, administrative and management support, record keeping and various personal assitant task.I am adequate in multitasking and effectively priortizing tasks to achieve the best. 

thank you.

0c4a7b3d
Community Member

I am Indie game developer from Canada.

I can help you with any kind of game development jobs.

I am just looking forward long term game jobs.

Thanks.

burnmarc
Community Member

Hi everyone! 

I have a data analyst background but looking to transition to copywriting! 
Should be fun 🙂

bbe1b12a
Community Member

Hello, my name is Megi Megantara

I'm New To Upwork
how should i start? because I'm from ZERO here.

but I have worked as company staff and others, and know the company's information system can work.

Can the work at UPwork be relied upon and can be held accountable? or is there a hoax too

ericarose76
Community Member

My name is Erica, and I am a professional author and prompt engineer. I have over 5 years of experience in the publishing industry, and I have produced a variety of articles and books. I am also an experienced prompt engineer, and I have a deep understanding of how to create prompts that generate creative and engaging content.

In my spare time, I enjoy writing horror shorts. I find the genre to be a great way to explore the darker side of human nature, and I enjoy challenging myself to create stories that are both scary and thought-provoking.

1d6e87cb
Community Member

Hello everyone

The field I work in is Virtual Administrative Assistant. I am located in Ohio USA. I am hoping to build my virtual assistance brand, meet new people and network . What inspires me is anyone that is not affraid to be their own authentic self and not follow the crowd but think outside of the box. I look forward to learning and growing here.

5ca17421
Community Member

Hi everyone! I am Amna , a content writer from Pakistan 

17ea2230
Community Member

Hi Everyone. My name is Khristine, I'm a Manila, US and AUS recruiter, experienced in full cycle recruiting from Manila, Philippines. Hoping to know the ways of Upwork.

ec029d33
Community Member

Hi everyone, looking forward to being part of this group. I get approached all the time by people who have a story to tell and I've decided that it might be fun to help them tell it. Everyone has a reason for the stories they've lived or told. For me it's therapy. For you it might be something else. But how nice is it that we live in a world where we can not only tell our own stories but help others tell theirs

imcarltolentino
Community Member

Hi everyone! I'm Carlo. I used to work in the BPO industry for 10 years here in Manila, PH. I'm new to Upwork and hoping to hear some tips and advices on how to get clients. Thank you in advance! Cheers!

bc062896
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I am in school for Web Design and Development.  I need internships for my degree so that's why I signed up for Upwork.  I am in the United States in Wisconsin.  I'm hoping to pickup some tips and tricks from the experts who are on Upworks and maybe find a couple of internships.  I'm excited to be here and look forward to chatting with everyone!

76d7e9ba
Community Member

"Hello ,Guys"

My name is Umar Sohail and I create different types on logo.My experience on this work is 2+ year.

shimps421
Community Member

Hi Upwork community,

My name is Shimpy. I am new active member of Upwork. I am located in Bratislava,Slovakia. I have worked as Delivery Manager/Project Manager with Scrum Master accountability for 5+ years and now enhancing my portfolio through various projects. I am hoping to learn tips and tricks from my fellow upwork users who have been here for long time to thrive on this platform as Freelancer; possibly moving to the other side of table eventually to become a Client. My inspiration is people, I very much enjoy engaging with customers, have conversation about life, career, coaching and entrepreneurship. 

I hope to learn and grow along with you and hoping to share the same with the community in the long run.

Regards

Shimpy

cf0342f4
Community Member

I am a copywriter with experience in writing compelling emails, ads, product description and websites landing pages for SME's . My primary goal is to write compelling and engaging contents that resonate with the target audience

338b8598
Community Member

Hello everyone, My name is abdurrahman, I am a UI and UX designer located in Lagos, Nigeria. I look forward to learning how to land more jobs from my fellow community members and make lifelong connections. I am inspired by the designers of Figma who design the tools designers use to create, they are heroes. please leave a comment if you want to be a friend or partner

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths