🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,849 REPLIES 1,849
90d1a5d6
Community Member

Hi there Ms Andrea. Im Joann M, new here in upwork. May I ask what will I do if they required me to Post a Job for the a company here in Upwork?  

fd0c030a
Community Member

I  want to work on data entry jobs, typing jobs, I am from India, and I want to learn how to start working on Upwork, and how I get my first job.

Community Member

I am working in Call Center and I am Located in Lahore.

I want to grow And want to be an expert.

Sales work inspires Mr a lot.

9e672492
Community Member

Hello I am Mopelade from Nigeria.I am a Data analyst  and  It is nice conneting with you all

74a1def4
Community Member

Hi, I'm Jesse,a data analyst, I'm also new to Upwork. I want to learn diverse ways of expanding my skills and also helping others with them

61b987b5
Community Member

I am looking for content writing 

3b97a303
Community Member

Nice to be here.

I am a product designer (UI/UX) based in Lagos, Nigeria. I'm also a brand strategist and I have close to 10 years experience in design.

I am hoping to expand my horizon and learn from the interacting and sharing ideas on how to succeed on this platform. I am also interested in making new friends that I can learn and develop my character with.

I'm inspired by great designs and there are a lot everywhere. Almost like a never ending stream. Infact, it is never ending. But one of my greatest source of inspiration in the design world is Chris Do. He is talented, smart and industrious. Qualities I wish to acquire. I'm also inspired by great people who succeed against odds and help others achieve their goals.

59193e1c
Community Member

Hi there, my name is Erwin. I'm an architect turned artist/illustrator from Indonesia. I went to school in the US and now currently based in Indonesia. I'm hoping to learn how to get freelance jobs here and what are the tips and tricks for avoiding scams. I'm inspired by Miyazaki Hayao, my artist peers, colleagues, and previous bosses.

Nice to hear to hear from you all.

3198a0eb
Community Member

Hi everyone, my name is khadijah Bello and I'm from Nigeria, I'm a student of Ahmedu Bello University zaria, I'm good at writing articles about science, diseases, nature etc but I got interested in data visualisation last year and I did an internship in global shala since then have been looking for a freelancing job where I can put my writing to good use.

To be very honest I'm kind of confused on how to go about it, I need help, someone that can guide me in my journey in unwork thank u

fdb36b9b
Community Member

EO Content Writer is my recent work for more than 2 years, Well, I am Berny Paciencia Dublico, an ex-SEO content writer/page creator. I have written extensive product pages/details for different manufacturing companies in China, including editing images in Canva.

fdb36b9b
Community Member

SEO Content Writer is my recent work for more than 2 years, Well, I am Berny Paciencia Dublico, an ex-SEO content writer/page creator. I have written extensive product pages/details for different manufacturing companies in China, including editing images in Canva.

c2a50682
Community Member

Hi All

My name is Warren Dickinson and have vast admin field experience. currently retrenched from Bridgestone South Africa and reside in East London, South Africa. Looking for any type of income

3851b64b
Community Member

Hey everyone!

Pleased to make your acquintance.

My name is Constantinos, a freelance animator/motion designer/creative director based in Athens/Greece, with 8.5 years of experience.

Would love to collaborate in meaningful projects, learn the ropes around here and hopefuly build a decent clientele.

My inspirations are minimalistic design and animation studios such as BUCK, HORNET and MAN vs MACHINE

Feel free to ask me anything and let us create something intriguing and conceptual in our free time!

9260540e
Community Member

I am Merelyn 26 years of age I work as a Junior high volunteer Teacher for almost two years . My teaching experience taught me how to engaged and socialize other people. I am sharing also my knowledge to my students and inspire him to be a good leaders in our society. I am hoping to learn from the expertise here and looking forward for collaboration. I believe that learning is painful process. 

Mer
0fcd1a89
Community Member

Hi all,

My name is Blessing, I am a customer service representative/Virtual assistant. Located in Nigeria. I hope to learn a lot from this community and share ideas together to better improve ourselves.

Success inspires me, my family and people that look up to me inspires me to want to do more and become a better person 

50a6926f
Community Member

Hello) I am a digital artist from Russia) I draw games, portraits, art, kpop fanarts) I study 3D sculpting)
I hope to learn from other participants their unique views and ideas which can expand my knowledge and understanding. Also, interacting with others can expand my horizons and problem solving skills.
Freelancers who have built successful careers and businesses thanks to Upwork
The flexibility to work remotely
The variety of projects and clients available on the platform
A supportive community of fellow freelancers, as well as a dedicated Upwork support team
The ability to set your own rates and control your income
The opportunity to learn new skills and work on interesting projects.

a55b77f2
Community Member

I work in Graphic designing filed, specifically E-book paperback topnotch designs.

And hey, my name is Ogechi.

I live in Abuja ,Nigeria

I will like to share my knowledge with the community members of upwork while i also learn from them and upskill.

I am a whole lot of inspiration to myself.

a09ca055
Community Member

Hello there...I am Dhirendra Shraff,I work at law firm in Kathmandu which is capital of Nepal.Currently I am pursuing my bachelor at chakrabarti habi law college,I am student at 5th year.I love to work on research,proposal writing and any other writing services as most of time I am involved in research works.As we all know law is such a broad field.I believe all the members are too much supportive here and kindly and friendly.I also believe if we work with enthusiasm and work step by step on every field we can achieve a lot.Hardwork and Dedication is key to success.

9b322a10
Community Member

Suzana (please!)

9b322a10
Community Member

Hello everyone from Florence!

I am Suzana M., for many years I have been working as a pedagogist / educational counsellor / trainer of adolescents mostly but I have also worked with children and adults for some years. I also obtained the specialization in Anthroposophical Pedagogy. A few months ago I started with my Digital Marketing Master and I'm trying to transfer my expertise to the web both as an educational counselor and as a copywriter of content relating to education and human development in general. I'm creating my website by myself (and manually) 💪💃 and as soon as it's ready I'll invite you to visit it! I'm interested in everything related to the anthropological and anthroposophical evolution of the human being. With so much gratitude I guide persons on their autobiographical path. I believe that true educational work starts from self-education and that is a good way to progress both in one's own and in social evolution. Let's broaden our perceptions and stay connected!

b051f4cf
Community Member

Hello every one my name is Asif ali. i am new at up work as freelancer. i hanve ability to do multi types of freelance work like!

1)Data entry

2)Graphic design

3) Typing 35-40 w/min

4)Form filling

5)Captcha work 

6)Video editing

7)Website building 

8)And other work liike online survey and playing games or completing tasks giving by defernt clients.

7b1ce63c
Community Member

Hi, All

I am Ravikant Jangir from India. I am an SEO Expert &  working in a company. I am new here! Please need your guides.

ba25cad1
Community Member

My name is precious, and I’m glad to join this forum. I am a graduate of business administration.

I am an experience customer service officer; my main priority is to ensure that customer is happy and satisfied with product and services.

I have spent four years in a banking industrial as a customer care officer, where I have opportunity to develop my skill in communication. but am passionate about Tech, which I took a course in Quality Assurance Testing. I love learning new things. I join this forum because I’m interested in connecting with others who share the same interstress in tech and learning from their experiences. 

Thank you.

Community Member

Hi all,

I am Sara originally from Egypt but I live in USA since 12 years ago.

1- My work field is photography (product photography, street photography and landscape photography) and Editing photos in Adobe lightroom.

2-I hope to improve my skills during I am working here.

3- My friend who inspires me.

mongarajeev
Community Member

Hey Everyone,

My name is Rajeev Monga and working as a SAP SD Consultant in India with MNC . As a part time, I trained so many students on this SAP software accross India and now, looking for the project on the same platform to support the business.

I am here to connect with your guys to share or exchange an ideas to get the freelance project as per possessed skillsets. I would be happy to interact with all of you for having discussion or helping you.

dd892ad3
Community Member

Hello everyone!
I'm Angy, and I am in Perú. I'm a Social Communicator by training and at heart, but almost all my work experience has been in administrative management as a micro-entrepreneur. I like reading a lot and I used to be good at writing, although I haven't practiced it for a long time.

Now, I've been on Upwork for more than a month looking for my first contract. I have some stalling issues when it comes to sending my proposals. I'm not sure if the idea is to make them short and to the point, or maybe add a little more empathetic phrasing or more explanation of my background in my entrepreneurial endeavors.

One of my doubts is which of the skills is easier to find in my first contract. Some phrase or expression that attracts the attention of the client gives me an opportunity.
What inspires me is the idea of being able to earn money being the owner of my time and working comfortably at home. 
I hope you can help me with effective advice, especially from members who already have a lot of experience in the platform.

Thank you very much for your responses.

9bbb59a3
Community Member

Hello, I'm Reem Sayegh from Lebanon. I'm an Arabic literature undergraduate with an excellent English level  where I can use it to help anyone who is in need to an arabic english or vice versa professional translation. I'm here so I can utilize my skills to the fullest extent and develop myself in this hard time my country is passing through so I can go over it.

61930c5c
Community Member

hi everyone

i am karabo molefe new here at upwork. iam currently studying but i work as a admin assisting in marketing. i am hoping to learn how to work as a team improve my communication skill with other members. most of all i want to learn more about working fields and how to be a hard worker and gain skills through computers and how to program.i was inspired by my lecture who is a software developer and doing his phd this year.

b183656d
Community Member

Hello All, 

My name is Angelica, I am located in Texas. 

I specialize in Customer Service, and have about 8 years of experience in this field all together. I have expereience in transalting Spanish to English and overlooking projects. 

I am looking to learn and grow more in the Virtual Assitant world, as I would like to expand my knowlwdge in more certifications and be able to add an extra income to my home. I am currently a stay at home mom and my husband is the sole income but I would love to be able to contribute to our future and to our new son.

He is my main inspiration, he pushes hard for his family and never backs down. 

Before my son I was a Customer Service call center Manager/FSO, but would like to continue from home to watch over our son.

I am excited to be here! and excited to learn and take advice from wherever it is given. 

Thank you for having me!

a08da8c2
Community Member

Hello everyone, my name is Zikhona. I am located in Cape Town, South Africa and I work in both the Health Science and Higher Education fields. I'm new here. My main focus is helping students transition from High School to higher learning by assisting them to find a balance between academia and personal space. Additionally, I provide counseling, containment, and psychosocial support to patients with TB diagnosis at a chest hospital.

I am hoping to learn from other members on how to better my craft and approach situations on different and functional levels. I am also excited to teach anyone who is willing to learn about my context and vice versa as a dialog.

The men and women of South Africa who have fought for the right to education and access inspire me. Their vision and dreams of liberation have allowed us to participate as global citizens, and it is the baton they have passed down to my generation that drives me to paint wider and stretch my imagination more. I'm curios about the world academic writing and literature reviews. 

Hi everyone, I'm new at frelancing.
I don´t know how to choose the jobs.
Need help.

4ee01425
Community Member

Hello!!  My name is Garvey!!  I am new to Upwork!  I am looking forward to learning how this works and even moreso landing my first assignment.   

7c4f3b5a
Community Member

Hi, I'm Raazia Arbab and I'm new to Upwork I would really appreciated it if someone could mentor me

17118e43
Community Member

Hello everyone, I am Mary Cris Sadiwa Valdez from Tuguegarao City, Cagayan Valley Philippines. I'm currently working here in Local Governtmen Unit office of Municipal Assessors. We assess new buildings and  other properties. 

And I am new here in upwork. I am looking forward to learn a lot here. 

Hey there 

01dd362b
Community Member

Hi Andrea

I am Kesar. i work in school education. I will be writing articles and taking projects in the field of school education and curriculum. Since I am new to Upwork I would like to know more about its working and tips to keep in mind while accepting projects.

I was inspired by your post hence I replied to it. Thank you for being a wonderful community.

731b744e
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team,

My name is Marc Michel Joseph Alexandre, and I am excited to introduce myself as a new freelancer on your platform. That's my first experience as freelancer, and I am confident that my skills and expertise will be a valuable asset to the Upwork community.

In my previous work, I have successfully completed projects graphic design, accoutant, translator of various languages, and I am eager to bring my skills to Upwork and continue delivering high-quality work to clients.

I am excited to be a part of the Upwork community and look forward to the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead. Thank you for considering my application.

Best regards,
Marc Michel Joseph Alexandre

e64b255d
Community Member

I do cleaning, have over 25 yrs experience I do Residential, commercial building's, Nursing homes etc.

And what I'm  going to learn from other's is Just to learn the insight of what other people's DREAMS are. 

And my beautiful Mom is my inspiration and has been there for me, and believed in me, Who's recently passed away. I'm going to make her proud. 

Community Member

Hi, Im Loumarie LT Galvan.

Im from the Philippines currently working as Section Head for Marketing Section since 2014.  We assist Micro Small Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) for product development, brand development and market promotion on their products and services. We also assist MSMEs on organizing marketing events for them for further marketing promotion both in local and international events.

On the side, I am a Certified Life Coach, Certified Digital Business Strategists, and do research and develooment for marketing.

I plan to do home base work so i joined UPWORK community to help me have additional income and eventually be out from traditional employment which is confined to 8am to 5pm. 

I experienced work from home when our office announced after the pandemic breakdown was announced in March 2020, and so, i thought of planning on working on homebase or remote base companies.

I hope to learn too from our members, more opportunities to earn or any side hustles we can have and i can also share in return besides being employed online.

My kids inspires me now to find more means to earn coz my hubby passed away 2 years ago, so i need to earn double to triple to help me feed my kids and give them what they need as they are still growing up.

i hope to find employer even part time for now.

146f36fa
Community Member

Hello Everyone, My name is Tochukwu Mordi, I am from Nigeria and I'm a network engineer certified by NIIT with skills in network setup, maintenance, troubleshooting, upgrade and so on.

Joining upwork I hope to connect with people locally and internationally to share ideas, knowledge and drive each other forward towards success.

I get my inspiration from my late father who always says that no matter where you realize you are when you wake up in the morning, you can always take that one step further than your last. He touched lives, helped people, a peace maker and I would love to walk in his shoes as well. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths