🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New to Upwork and curious about hour tracking
Page options
a36a92ae
Community Member

New to Upwork and curious about hour tracking

My skillset (and career) is doing photography/videography and video/photo editing. Given that many video projects require going out and filming, is there an easy way to track that against a project? I only see the desktop app for tracking. Perhaps I am missing something in front of me, or maybe that just isn't part of what this whole thing is.

Thank you in advance!

-Geoff

(very new to Upwork)

3 REPLIES 3
anna_babicheva
Community Member

Hi there, 

nah, you're not missing out on anything. As far as I know, there is only a desktop app to track your time, however, you can add your hours manually (I recommend mentioning this to the client, so there is no confusion).

Anna B wrote:

however, you can add your hours manually 

... but only if you are happy to risk not getting paid. There is 0 protection for manual time, and should a client fail to pay or want their money back for any reason at all, or even no reason, the client will get their money back, no question asked.

It has never happened to me, but it could, at any time.

prestonhunter
Community Member

If you are going out and doing filming, and you have an hourly contract, then you log time manually. It's not complicated.

Some freelancer's ONLY use manually logged time.

Some types of work can only be done using manually logged time. It is either that or fixed-price.

There is nothing wrong with manually logged time. Just understand the risks.

As long as a client is 100% honest, you will be paid for all of the time that you log.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths