🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New to Upwork.
Page options
d374d704
Community Member

New to Upwork.

Hello fellow freelancers. I am Trevor Ngatia.

I joined Upwork 8 months ago, but unfortunately, I haven't been successful.  Any advice?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Tonami,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I looked at your profile and would like to suggest a few things;

You may want to consider creating specialized profiles to make your profile more attractive to clients. With specialized profiles, you can tailor your unique skills to your audience on Upwork and create variations of your profile that showcase your experience within specific categories. The specialized profile will help increase your profile views and get more jobs because when clients filter their search results by specific skills, only freelancers who have relevant specialized profiles will appear.

You can also create Project Catalogs based on the skills and services you offer. This is a new method for our freelancers to have clients come to them, giving freelancers the opportunity to create ‘projects’ that are pre-scoped with price, deliverables, and timeline. Clients can then search for these projects via a series of category pages (specific skills) and purchase them in just a few clicks.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

We also highly encourage you to continue to work to become a Top-Rated or Top Rated Plus Freelancer once you get enough recent work history. Having these badges in your profile will increase your invite and hire rate.

I hope this helps!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PradeepH

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility was set to Private. I have reset the profile visibility to Public now. I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

SIR Pradeeh H need your help pls

I'm Tonami, I came to UPwork in order to have more clients because before I worked with companies at local levels but I decided to discover virtual clients through your platform

Every time I make proposals for customers but it's as if they don't see my writing and that makes me waste connections in a vacuum

So pls SIR help me for this case 

Thanks

Here is my profile link : Avlessi Tonami 

Hi Tonami,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I looked at your profile and would like to suggest a few things;

You may want to consider creating specialized profiles to make your profile more attractive to clients. With specialized profiles, you can tailor your unique skills to your audience on Upwork and create variations of your profile that showcase your experience within specific categories. The specialized profile will help increase your profile views and get more jobs because when clients filter their search results by specific skills, only freelancers who have relevant specialized profiles will appear.

You can also create Project Catalogs based on the skills and services you offer. This is a new method for our freelancers to have clients come to them, giving freelancers the opportunity to create ‘projects’ that are pre-scoped with price, deliverables, and timeline. Clients can then search for these projects via a series of category pages (specific skills) and purchase them in just a few clicks.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

We also highly encourage you to continue to work to become a Top-Rated or Top Rated Plus Freelancer once you get enough recent work history. Having these badges in your profile will increase your invite and hire rate.

I hope this helps!

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you so much.

Thanks for your feedback

d374d704
Community Member

Thank you.

d374d704
Community Member

Thank you so much.

d374d704
Community Member

Hello Annie, 

I hope this message finds you well. 

I am having issues verifying my account.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths