🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not getting order
Page options
ayeshaakbar41
Community Member

Not getting order

Hi Team Upwork!

I am new on this platform and I tried hard to get my first order but all in vain. Would you please help me identify why I'm lagging behind? 

Waiting for your positive response. 

Thank you 

Regards, 

Ayesha

2 REPLIES 2
pudingstudio
Community Member

Ayesha A wrote:

Hi Team Upwork!

I am new on this platform and I tried hard to get my first order but all in vain. Would you please help me identify why I'm lagging behind? 

Thank you 

Regards, 

Ayesha

Spend much time looking for a job which is appealing to you (don't click on any job which you "can do", look for the one you "can do better than").
Compile proposal which makes sense to you (as you are the one who knows how that project should be handled, client is looking for YOU).
Be sure to follow simple UpWork rules, they are there to protect you.

There is no winning formula which works for all.
Even more experienced UpWork users spend many proposals before getting in touch with a client (which still doesn't mean that they got the job).

It's hard.
Gets easier, but takes much time and effort.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Ayesha A wrote:

Hi Team Upwork!

Thank you 

Regards, 

Ayesha

It can definitely take a while to land that first gig. Two suggestions: your profile mentions what you are "good" at. I would rewrite your profile and talk about what you "excel" at. What are you the very best at? Also, please don't refer to anything as "business stuff." Change "stuff" to whatever you mean. Do you mean administrative tasks? List the tasks you mean, don't refer to anything as "stuff." It comes off as unprofessional. 

Your profile is okay. I think doing the above-mentioned edits will help make it stronger. Just keep honing your proposals and make sure you're applying to the right jobs, not just any job. You'll get there. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths