🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not getting responses the way I was expecting...
Page options
shovon005
Community Member

Not getting responses the way I was expecting.

Hi. I registered my Upwork account almost 5 years ago but wasn't active in the meantime because I thought I wasn't skilled enough. I used to log in some time but only for a few minutes. But recently I updated my whole profile and make it Public. I applied for 5/6 jobs but didn't get any response.

So my question is, as I want to be a successful freelancer, will you suggest me to open a new account? If NOT, then can you please REVIEW my profile and point out the problems that my profile might be facing? Thanks. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
williamtcooper
Community Member

Shovon,

Basically a nice Profile. It's not uncommon to apply for 20+ Jobs to obtain the first client. Be patient and make sure that you are applying for exact matches for the client's post. Have a great day!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
williamtcooper
Community Member

Shovon,

Basically a nice Profile. It's not uncommon to apply for 20+ Jobs to obtain the first client. Be patient and make sure that you are applying for exact matches for the client's post. Have a great day!

Thanks for your quick response, William. So am I eligible for the "Rising Talent" badge with this 5-year-old account? If YES, how long will it take to get the badge?

Shovon,

Please read this article by Upwork at:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent

shovon005
Community Member

Thank you, William. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths