🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Old postings
Page options
bobhaderdesigns
Community Member

Old postings

I see a posting saying "I need this work done TODAY"... but the posting says it was posted 12 days ago. So I have 3 questions: 1. why is this job still visible? 2. How do I tell if a posted job has been fulfilled or closed? 3. How do I ask the poster if the job is still available (or other questions about the posting), without losing 2 connects? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
jr-translation
Community Member

Robert H wrote:

I see a posting saying "I need this work done TODAY"... but the posting says it was posted 12 days ago. So I have 3 questions: 1. why is this job still visible? 2. How do I tell if a posted job has been fulfilled or closed? 3. How do I ask the poster if the job is still available (or other questions about the posting), without losing 2 connects? Thanks.

1. I think job postings are closed after 30 days if noone was hired (but the 30 days could be wrong)

2. It is no longer listed in the job thread.

3. That is possible if it was a client you had before so you have been writing messages.

This job was probably abandond by the client who posted it on various plattforms because it was so urgent.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Robert H wrote:

2. or you see "hired" on the job post. Hiring and closing the job are two different steps. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths