🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » P&G administrative
Page options
3b795139
Community Member

P&G administrative

I got an interview for P&G, but have been communicating through telegram. I am unsure if this job position is a scam or not and don't want to go forward with it if it is. Has anyone worked for P&G through upwork? 

12 REPLIES 12
piedcrow
Community Member

Please avoid anything outside Upwork platform. Most of them are just scam.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

P&G does hire via Upwork, but I don't think they're chasing after freelancers who are completely new and haven't filled out their profiles properly. I've also never worked with any legit client who wants to connect via Telegram. It's probably a scammer. Just because somebody says that they work for a big company, that doesn't mean it's true. Are they offering you a contract on Upwork, or trying to pay you outside the system? What's the job and the pay?

Ask them for a video meeting using Upwork's Zoom feature - that usually stops scammers in their tracks.

epicaudio
Community Member

That sounds like a scam.

NikolaS

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You were not hired for this job and shouldn't provide any contact information or work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab.

Please know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Additionally, you may want to check this help article and this thread to help you stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
9ef6c89b
Community Member

😎

8c71ddaa
Community Member

Hi, Jessica

I just received today an invitation for an interview for Data Entry. The client appears as Payment Verified, so I went ahead and open the link to an outside site. It was showing the P&G logo, but the URL has nothing to do with P&G. The page was describing the job and offering an interview through an outside platform. I did not download the App for the interview, instead I went back to the person that was offering me the job (which was not the Project Manger, per information sent on the link); I asked him how the payments and the work will be after the interview. I specifically asked if the payment and the job will be out of Upwork. I have not recieved and answer to my simple questions. So, I as to right now, I will not even do the interview. I was trusting Upwork when they say that the "client" was Payment Verified, but I guess I cannot even trust that. I am very dissapointed with the information given on this site.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

bilsim
Community Member

Vianney M wrote:

I was trusting Upwork when they say that the "client" was Payment Verified, but I guess I cannot even trust that. I am very dissapointed with the information given on this site.

But that only means they had their card or bank account verified. "Payment verified" does not (necessarily) mean someone is honest or that they have good intentions. Even the biggest scammers can own (and verifiy) a credit card.

Personally, one thing that would be a red flag in my book is that they don't have any history or reviews or job history on Upwork. I understand that new clients need to be given a chance, but if they want a chance, they shouldn't breech the policies right at the start inviting people for interviews outside Upwork.

I saw P&G jobs on Upwork, from a longstanding enterprise account that had spent millions on Upwork.

Generally you should be extremely careful with new accounts with no history, regardless of a verified payment.

You can almost always spot scammers just by reading the job description. In your screen capture, it says "Start up requires data entry..." I don't think that P&G could be described as a "start up"! You'll get better at spotting this kind of thing with a bit more practice.

8c71ddaa
Community Member

The first contact looks like this.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

4079e969
Community Member

I applied and got the same request to continue communications via Telegram. I completed the interview process but I was caught off gaurd when the interviewer asked me to to deposit a check. I'm new to Upwork and was excited for the opportunity up to that point. 

Hi Jolynn,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. Firstly, I would like to let you know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. Also, a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. 

We encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here. You may want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
671263ff
Community Member

I am new here kindly guide me how to earn money.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths