🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Products failed after Upwork Product Design P...
Page options
4ac191b1
Community Member

Products failed after Upwork Product Design Process

Hi there,

I used upwork to get 2 products designed and then they offered to manufacture and thought this was a good in the way if there was any problems it would be fixed.

After 4 months with one job and 3 months with another job, I have paid $550USD in design fees and another 416.47 Pounds in manufacturing to avoiding sending product and one of the 2 products not work at all.

Does upwork protect me to get my design fees paid out - is there some sort of insurance... or design fund refund?

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Jady,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Upwork provides payment protection to both clients and freelancers. You can read more about it here. It looks like the contracts you have are for Fixed-Price contracts. When the freelancer submits the completed work for the funded milestone, clients are given the opportunity to review the work submitted. If you are unsatisfied with the work, you may request changes before releasing the funds in Escrow. You also have the option to request a refund from the freelancer. Here's the help article about how you can request for refund. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
4ac191b1
Community Member

Hi Joanne

I understand the review at the point before payment but when it comes to electronics there is a point of trusting the designer as looking at electronic schematics don't mean anything to me as that is not my skill set. So you never know how it goes until it is made hence when I got them to manufacturer.

I have emailed them to try and resolve but it is getting rather uncomfortable I my products being blamed for them almost going into adminstration.

regards

Jady

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths