๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป New to Upwork ยป Question about the Messaging System
Page options
Jyothi D Community Member

Question about the Messaging System

Sorry, this is a small and maybe silly question, but here goes. Thanks in advance for reading this ๐Ÿ™‚ So I am new to Upwork and I was messaging a prospective client through the Upwork messaging system. Thing is, every time I pressed the enter key to move to the next line, the system sent the message. So now this prospective client is going to see FOUR messages from me in response to one simple query they sent me. If the client is charitable and decides that I am not a crazy person and actually opens the messages, they will have to wade through a series of choppy messages, one of which just says "Best". It's pretty funny when I think about it, but it does look really unprofessional. Is this just how the messaging system works? Or is there a way to move to the next line without hitting enter? Thank you very much - sorry, I know it's just a small matter, but I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vijayakumar B Community Member

Hi Jyothi D.,

Please check the attached files.

If you go below the message box and click on Settings, this box will open.

UpWork.jpg

โ€ƒ

UpWork2.jpg

I hope this message helps you.

โ€ƒ

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vijayakumar B Community Member

Hi Jyothi D.,

Please check the attached files.

If you go below the message box and click on Settings, this box will open.

UpWork.jpg

โ€ƒ

UpWork2.jpg

I hope this message helps you.

โ€ƒ

Jyothi D Community Member

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it and yes, it really helps! As an update, I haven't heard back from the client, so she must think I am crazy. But going forward, I won't look so unprofessional ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths