🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Tips from Upwork’s Talent Success Team
Page options
3750beaf
Community Member

Re: Tips from Upwork’s Talent Success Team

Hello i'm Eric and upworker but i have been experiencing issues of clients asking me to pay money before starting the work or contacting them outside Upwork how can i get serious customers? Are they scammers

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Kwizera,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the client you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Please know that a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. I would like to remind you that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. I also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

You may also want to check this post and this help article for more information about how to stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths