🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Recover deleted project
Page options
themikebarra
Community Member

Recover deleted project

Hello,

I created several projects under the web design category, and then added a graphic design category. It appeared as though my web design projects had been duplicated into the graphic design category so I deleted them, but now they're completely gone and I see no way to recover them.  

This is obviously my mistake for not understanding the user interface. Can anyone help a noob get this proejcts back without having to recreate them all from scratch?

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mike, 

It looks like you were trying to setup your profile's Employment History, am I correct? I'm sorry but we do not have an option of getting these projects back once deleted. 

I would also like to add that the rest of the parts of the profiles (except for title, profile overview, work history, portfolio, skills) will be the same across your General profile, and your Specialized profiles:

• Educational background, employment history, certifications, other experience, languages, availability
  • Portfolio project details (you don’t have to show all projects on specialized profiles, but their titles, attachments, and other details will be the same everywhere they appear)
  • Job Success Score

If you edit a shared part of your profile, the changes will show across on all profile views. You may read more about creating Specialized profiles here.

~ Avery
Upwork

No, sorry maybe I wasn't clear.

• I created a specialized profile for Web Design, then added several projects to it
  • Next I created a specialized profile for Graphic Design
  • It appeared that my web design projects had been transferred to my graphic design specialized profile, because I selected to migrate my details from web design, and all of my preexisting projects were there. 
  • I thought I was editing the graphic design profile, so i deleted all of the web design projects
  • Actually, I was in the "All Categories" profile view. I didn't realize this was an option. 
  • So I would like to recover projects that were accidentally deleted from my Web Design specialized profile.
  • Can I open a ticket with tech support or something? There must be a previous version of my profile somewhere on the server.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, there isn't an option to restore a portfolio item that has been deleted. You can, however, edit what Specialized profile a portfolio item is related to by hovering your mouse over it and then clicking the pencil icon. So if a portfolio item is showing on your general profile, you can change what Specialized profile it's related to.

~ Valeria
Upwork

It's a little late, but now I understand how the portfolio and specialization system works. Thanks for the info.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths