🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Regarding Payment
Page options
manasabomma
Community Member

Regarding Payment

Hello team,

I am new to Upwork. I recently had a chance to work with a client. I got paid for that and the payment reflects in my transcations and I can see the invoice too. However, the amount is not reflecting in my account and the Get Paid option is still grayed out. Can anybody help me out with this please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Manasa B wrote:

Hello team,

I am new to Upwork. I recently had a chance to work with a client. I got paid for that and the payment reflects in my transcations and I can see the invoice too. However, the amount is not reflecting in my account and the Get Paid option is still grayed out. Can anybody help me out with this please?

Once the client releases payment, there is a 5-day security period before the funds are available for you to withdraw. If you look at the Overview section of your Reports page, it will show you where the funds currently are in the process, as well as when they are scheduled to be available.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Manasa B wrote:

Hello team,

Once the client releases payment, there is a 5-day security period before the funds are available for you to withdraw. If you look at the Overview section of your Reports page, it will show you where the funds currently are in the process, as well as when they are scheduled to be available.

Hey

Why is it that the payment made to me by my client is pending? Can it be released? I really need the money to buy connects

Hi Salome,

I would like to clarify that this represents the standard security hold period in which funds cannot be withdrawn.

Payments for fixed-price milestones (and bonuses) have a 5-day security period from the time payment is made to funds availability.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths