🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Reimbursement of connects
Page options
793cf420
Community Member

Reimbursement of connects

I've been made to understand, through upwork connects policy that upwork refunds connects for cancelled jobs that were applied to.

Over the past days, some of the jobs that I applied to were cancelled but my connects were not refunded. Is there a particular reason for this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Connects are returned to your Upwork account for below reasons :

1. Job removed for our Terms of Service violation. 

2. Job canceled by the client without any hire. No applicable to expired job posts.

I checked your account and noticed that we have already returned Connects you used for canceled jobs. You can refer to the My Stats page for more information.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PradeepH

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Connects are returned to your Upwork account for below reasons :

1. Job removed for our Terms of Service violation. 

2. Job canceled by the client without any hire. No applicable to expired job posts.

I checked your account and noticed that we have already returned Connects you used for canceled jobs. You can refer to the My Stats page for more information.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for clarifying. 

Hi Pradeep, 

If there has been a contractor that wanted to move all communication and payment to a separate interface, am I able to be reimbursed those connects?

Hi Shannon,

Yes, those are considered violations of the Terms of Service, and your Connects are returned if a job gets removed from the platform for those reasons. 

I've forwarded your report to the team, and the job has been removed from the platform. The Connects you used for this job have been returned, and you should see them by visiting your Connects History page.

In the future, please don't hesitate to report these cases using the available flagging options so the team can investigate further. Please take some time to read through this article for more information on how you can stay safe on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c2d100c0
Community Member

I am interested in the same question. For December and early January a lot of the jobs I applied for were closed, and I only got connects back for 2 of them. Please tell me, what is the reason? How do I know if the client closed the job himself or if the job expired? According to the statistics, the client entered the job, which means that in theory he could have closed it on his own, but the contacts didn't return.

Hi Nataliia,

Connects are only returned under two circumstances:

• If a project is canceled by the client before a contract is made (This does not apply to expired job posts).
  • If a job post gets removed because it violates our Terms of Service.

If you received Connects back from a job you submitted a proposal to, you should be able to see the credit whenever you go to Settings > Memberships & Connects and click on "View Connects History".

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths