🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Request a Manual Name Review.
Page options
muhammadhammad15
Community Member

Request a Manual Name Review.

Hi Team Upwork,

This is to inform you that my original name is Hammad Saeed, but I was using Muhammad Hammad name on upWork as I am using this name in other social apps like facebook, instagram, twiter. I am muslim person, If we will add "Muhammad" first name this will very proud for us. 

Now I have updated the correct name in UpWork profile as Hammad Saeed which will match with the bank.  Kindly review this request and resolve this issue as soon as possible. 

Let me if there is any concern. Thank you 

Regards,

Hammad Saeed

9 REPLIES 9
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hammad, 

I checked your account and it looks like your name has already been updated. I would like to confirm if you are referring to the payment methods which you recently added? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Support Team,

If my bank account name and Upwork profile name is same, then I'm seeing the below error while clicking on get paid button.
"Bank verification in progress
Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name."

Please review this and let me if there is issue with this.

Thank you for contacting me.

Regards,
Hammad Saeed

Hi Hammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment methods. Please keep in mind that the verification process can take up to 3 days. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Is it possible that I can have my name changed to my legal middle name (as it is on my passport and Birth certificate). ALL of my branding and social media for the past decade, clients and friends have known and called me Hope which is my middle name!

Much like Meghan Markle uses her middle name as her full name is Rachel Meghan Markle.

It also is important because the reason for using my middle name was because I survived a life-threatening illness after been given 6 days to live. My photography and retouching website and all previous clients know and use my middle name Hope as well. 

I have provided news articles of myself and a published job which all show my middle name as used for all of my brandings. Regarding bank, my bank uses my initials, however, my middle name is obviously one of my initials (hope that makes sense).

Nobody knows me by my first name other than my family and boyfriend so it really messes up my branding and business.

Can you change my name back to 'Hope Davis' as I had originally set it as, please?

Hi Thema,

We completely understand that not all names have the same pattern when written in public documents or when registering for an account online. Hence we carefully review each document to ensure that users will not have a problem when the time comes that they will be requested to verify their identity. We implement guidelines when reviewing documents and the concerns you have raised regarding your name should not be a problem. If your name variation is not acceptable, our agent will advise you directly about mismatch on your documents and suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your legal name. Please, go ahead and update your profile name.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you Bojan. I can provide legal ID documents proving my name and identity if needed.

Hi again, 

I have changed the name but it says about the bank account name being different. I use Paypal and my Paypal name just uses my first and last name. However, I have bank statements that show my whole name. Can you please advise what I should do next?

Hi Thema,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to address your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks Bojan!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths