🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Rising Talent connects and profile approval
Page options
alexlucaci92
Community Member

Rising Talent connects and profile approval

1. Hello, I have completed the tests to adhere to Rising Talent program a few days ago but I still haven't received my additional connects.

2. I have finished the video call to approve my profile. When it is gonna update?

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alex,

Congratulation on receiving the Rising Talent badge! One of our team members will reach out to you and assist regarding bonus connects!

We appreciate you completing the video verification process, you will be notified within 24-48 hours about your account status. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

How interesting that the OP has failed a test, has not completed one contract sucessfully (as is required in Upwork's rising talent criteria), and yet has still been awarded the rising talent badge. 

Just a couple of days ago, another freelancer, who has met all the requirements and more, has still not been awarded the badge and was wondering why. So it really is a very random selection and appears to have nothing whatsoever to do with merit at all. 

Hi Nichola, 

The team looks at a variety of factors when determining whether to award Rising Talent status. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of the profile upon submission, prior experience and skills and the freelancer's educational background, as well as the opportunities available in the Upwork marketplace. Therefore, even new freelancers who have yet to complete any projects on Upwork can be admitted into the Rising Talent program.

~ Avery
Upwork

@Avery O wrote:

Hi Nichola, 

The team looks at a variety of factors when determining whether to award Rising Talent status. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of the profile upon submission, prior experience and skills and the freelancer's educational background, as well as the opportunities available in the Upwork marketplace. Therefore, even new freelancers who have yet to complete any projects on Upwork can be admitted into the Rising Talent program.

Avery,

I am sorry, but that is the worst disclaimer I have ever read!! 

Smiley Wink

Upwork needs to rewrite the rising talent rules and regs and take care of the numerous contradictions that are extremely confusing for new freelancers who really do merit the badge. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths