🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Sharing my gmail address
Page options
mahaks15
Community Member

Sharing my gmail address

hello 

I wanted to ask  should I share my gmail address with my client as he/she wants to share some  spreadsheets .

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Mahak S wrote:

hello 

I wanted to ask  should I share my gmail address with my client as he/she wants to share some  spreadsheets .

If you have already been hired (as you say "my" client), you may share and communicate however and whatever you like. It's just the payments that need to go through Upwork.

If you have not been hired yet you may not communicate with the prospective client outside the platform. However, if the client needs your email address to allow you access to the spreadsheets, you can write "Hi (name), my email address, purely for the purpose of accessing the spreadsheets, is xxxxxx@xxxx.com. To comply with Upwok's terms of services, we will keep all communication here on Upwork."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Mahak S wrote:

hello 

If you have already been hired (as you say "my" client), you may share and communicate however and whatever you like. It's just the payments that need to go through Upwork.

If you have not been hired yet you may not communicate with the prospective client outside the platform. However, if the client needs your email address to allow you access to the spreadsheets, you can write "Hi (name), my email address, purely for the purpose of accessing the spreadsheets, is xxxxxx@xxxx.com. To comply with Upwok's terms of services, we will keep all communication here on Upwork."

mahaks15
Community Member

thank you so much.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths