🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Still struggling to find a client here.
Page options
amlefnotis
Community Member

Still struggling to find a client here.

Hi guys, been awhile here in Upwork and still struggling to find a client here. Been reading Upwork tips and all but still so hard. But I am not losing hope. I know one day i will have one and that's the right one for me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
goharh953
Community Member

Hi Felmarose, Best wishes to you. I just want to say that please keep your Portfolio updated. It matters in most cases. And Keep Grinding.

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
resist2b
Community Member

Hi Felmarose, Same here I tried many sites and I just get 1 client in another site, but here 

best wishes for us.

`Yay, Let's keep grinding. Thank you  Mr Moataz.😀

goharh953
Community Member

Hi Felmarose, Best wishes to you. I just want to say that please keep your Portfolio updated. It matters in most cases. And Keep Grinding.

Right, I haven't able to create my Portfolio. I do have ucoming interview, I hope this would work. Thank you for the tip Mr. Hamja.

Here this is a added option. You may do a volunteer work for a known or for a organization and get feedback for your porfolio. Please ask further explanation s from the community. 

Best  Regards !

Thank you for this advice! I made and updated my portfolio. Let's hope for the best. Best wishes for you. 

Hey Hamza J.

What you mean by updating portfolio is to always add a new recently work right?

ricamariesalinas
Community Member

Hi Felmarose,

Just wanted to share with you my experience when I first started. After successfully creating my account, it took me months (I think it was 3 or 4 months) to land my first project here in Upwork. And within those months, I have been applying daily to many, many job posts.

Daily, I would choose low-budget projects that I am capable of doing. I also prioritized those projects that encourage new freelancers to apply. 

How I landed my first project? I bid on a project for a very low fee. My goal was to get myself a few stars first so that clients would see I have experience here in Upwork and "trust" my profile. After getting myself a "Client Feedback", things are easier and I slowly made my way to getting more projects.

So, don't lose hope. Most of us, if not all, started from there. Just keep on applying and you will eventually land your first project. Good luck!

moneo_music
Community Member

It really is about the grind and playing the numbers. You need to have the site open like a full time job applying to every single relevant post until you find something. It's all a lot easier once you have your first jobs under your belt so, as much as it sucks, you may want to try and undercut the competition with lower prices just to get those first few jobs complete and to start building your profile
It took me a long time of working this way before I got my first few completed and that's when my profile started to take off  much more successfully

thanks for sharing these 

281c8c0f
Community Member

Dear Felmarose S,

Same here. I just started working at Upwork and initial journey was hard. Don't GIVE UP! You gona keep trying. 

All the best!

Hi., M also trying to get a client project, but still free.

Even I have been tired but not disappoint. 

yasukemc
Community Member

Hi Felmarose, I am not sure of your special field but what helps is to display your confidence in your presentation. Giving the client an idea just by reading of how good it can be to add you to their team. They shouysee from reading what you are advertising you are rendering as service as though you are that much certain of your success on the job. Clients will guide you as to how they want their work done. What you should do is gain their confidence in displaying that you are the one who can get it done. For example for a data entry position, you can illustrate how many WPM you can type and that you are exceptional at any software in office. Your work speaks for itself 

225df658
Community Member

Hello Buddy,

This is Rayaan, I'm a WordPress and Shopify expert. I opened my Upwork account 2-3 months ago and I got about 10 responses from clients in the last month. But this month I spent $30 to buy a connection but I got only 1 response

So, I am very disappointed. Want a solution from my seniors what should I do now to get a client response?

Thank you All

Getting a Lead is becoming more difficult these days.
Do you have any suggestions for improving performance?

I'd love to read some great ideas and get some assistance. 🙂

enaguas_starly
Community Member

Same. I feel you

90c01c59
Community Member

Hi Felmarose, Same here I tried many sites I get no client in another site, but here 

best wishes for you and me.

doreelyndnuguid
Community Member

Hi Felmarose, Continue sending job applications for which you think you are qualified most. Upgrade your portfolio by learning new skills which in demand while waiting for job offers. Just be patient for sure you will get hired. Thanks and goodluck

001ec0c3
Community Member

Consistency is the key so keep updating your profile and keep grinding 

dd5bf398
Community Member

Hi.

Felmarose you go to use filter and find job easily on demand.

dc71b4bc
Community Member

Bid very low on a couple jobs to get the experience and ratings. Do a good job and repeat, gradually move up your rates. Good luck!

abrarbashir
Community Member

Luckily I've found few clients in the beginning but now I its hard to find new clients 

80e3c4c3
Community Member

I need to get jobs 

Hello Helgren,

Have patience and keep sending proposals with your great work samples to clients.

Hope you will get a job soon. Best wishes!!

Best Regards,

Rajib Shrestha

But the success rate is too low here

same here

Very challenging to get the job here even if you have a good profile. And the deduction of the upwork fees is to much for the small budget projects.

babar_alikhan_30
Community Member

Hi,
guys, been a while here in Upwork and still struggling to find a client. I have been reading Upwork tips and all but still so hard. But I am not losing hope. I know one day I will have one and that's the right one for me.
Thank 

The key to getting a client is consistency never loose hope and keep applying for jobs.

I apply on base almost daily

Try to make your prosopal stand out.

Maybe you should review your profile.Don't lose hope 💪.

Hi Babar, 

Glad to hear you are starting your journey on Upwork. Here are my tips to grow on Upwork.

1. Read carefully the requirements and respond/purpose accordingly to the client's requirements.

2. Your proposal should address the solution to the Clients requirements. (Don't copy-paste the proposals).

3. Apply the less budget and more work jobs (Not mandatory but works well in starting).

Yes, I did not know about some things. Thank you

Keep submitting proposals! Ensure that your portfolio is reflective of the jobs that you're applying to. Good luck! 

Bid for only  projects that you are good in.

Hi Babar,

Make sure you can demo work in right way. Also bid low atleast for first 3-5 projects.

Best wishes!!!

elonix
Community Member

Here are some tips:

1) Try to have a good portfolio inside and outside UpWork, it doesn't matter if it's small or big. Just make sure it looks good and the client can see your work without problems. Visit other profiles and imitate the most successful ones.

2) Look for the jobs where you feel more confident and apply for them. 

3) Try to be one of the first to apply. Sometimes you have to chase the offers a little bit but the client will always remember the first ones to apply.

4) Keep your offer short, concise and clear. Let your client know in the first few lines that you understand their needs and that you can solve them. Be confident in your knowledge and don't add unnecessary information, such as where you went to school or all the places you've worked. Just offer them what they need.

5) Give personalized attention to all your potential clients and write specific offers for each proposal. Be cordial and confident in your knowledge. The client will understand quickly if you are clear with your offer.  

6) Finally. If you get the job. Do your best to earn 5 stars. Try to keep the best possible 5/5 record. This speaks highly of you and attracts more clients. UpWork also rewards good feelancers with more opportunities and unique offers.

I hope you find them useful.

3c2e583b
Community Member

Hi Felmarose S,
I hope you are doing well.
Let me share my experience. I'm also fresher on Upwork I got my first job it's tough to get the first job but, after getting first that also hard to find the next one. So, my suggestion is to update your profile with demo work, availability, and demo video. That's going to help you to get more jobs. I'm also going to apply this to my profile on 2 Nov because right now I'm a part-time freelancer.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths