cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Freelancer

Patricia C Member Since: Jun 3, 2017
1 of 3

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here in upwork. I need help on how I would be able to receive the salary I will earn here. I'm still a student with no bank or atm account or whatsoever. I'm seeking for an advice on what is the best option for me. My father asked me if I need an atm account only or if I really need a bank account since opening one costs a lot of money. according to my father. However, opening an atm account is way easier as he said. What should I do? What is the best option for me? Thanks! Comments are much appreciated.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 3

Hi Patricia, welcome to Upwork.

Depending on the withdrawal method you opt for, you'll need to open a regular bank account or sign up for an account on Payoneer or PayPal. The account you use needs to be in your own name.

Please check this Help article and review our freelancer resources in order to familiarize yourself with our platform.

Ace Contributor
Michael P Member Since: Jun 1, 2015
3 of 3

Unfortunately, the best option is your only option: to open an account. Paypal to Unionbank works best:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Asia-Pacific/Philippine-Freelancers-please-help/gpm-p/2477

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS