๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป New to Upwork ยป Submitted 20 proposals but no response from a...
Page options
Anupam K Community Member

Submitted 20 proposals but no response from any client.

Hello upwork team

I was not working on upwork for the last 1 and half year. I used to check for invitations and reply them in between that period. Now i have enough time to spend on upwork. I submit 2-3 proposals per day but get no response from any client. I can't figure out the problem. I have submitted 20 proposals. Can you guys check my profile and provide you valuable suggestion how can i improve so that i can be responded by the clients?

7 REPLIES 7
Melissa C Community Member

Anupam, I think you mean well, and I bet you do decent translation from English to Nepalese, but your English isn't fluent.

Your grammar in English is incorrect. I would suggest only offering translation from English. I think that, and changing your level of proficiency in English to "conversational" would help you a lot.

I have no doubt that your English is good enough for you to act as an in-person translator at home, but the most experienced translators will not translate documents into English: only from English.

From a client's perspective it looks like you are offering services in a language where your grammar is less than great. For example: In English, the word "I" is always capitalized and I see a few instances in your overview where you've written "i" instead, but that's only one of a number of grammatical issues in your profile.

I'm not trying to pick on you at all. Just want to help. If I were looking for a translator, I wouldn't pick one whose overview had so many grammatical errors.

So, simply change your level of fluency and only other translations from English into Nepalese. That might help you a bit.

Thank you Melissa for your valuable suggestion.

Considering your suggestion I have changed my level of proficiency in English to "Convesational" and translation from English only.

I can read and write and Nepali language very well, there is no doubt. 

Hello once again!

I am satisfied regarding my translation work. But most of my proposals were for simple data entry and typing work. And i had no reply. Can you guys figure out this?

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Anupam,

I can advise you to check out this thread where you can find all of the information needed about getting started here. I would suggest to spend extra time on the Safety First section in order to learn how to protect yourself.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your advice Goran.

Melissa C Community Member

Twenty proposals isn't a crazy amount to go unanswered when you're new.

Just make sure you tell the client in the proposal how you can solve their problem. Don't really talk about yourself unless it's related to how you can fix their issues. Other than that, the client initially sees the first two lines of your proposal, so use that space wisely.

Thank you once again Melissa.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths