🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Tax identification
Page options
0ca03aed
Community Member

Tax identification

Hi, I am a newcomer here..but I am afraid this will not work for me. I am a Belgian citizen but I have no more residence there, only a passport and ID card. I reside in Sri Lanka with a resident permit I have to renew every year, on that visa I am not allowed to work or do business in the country. My address here, where I live is known to my embassy in India and to the Belgian consulate in COlombo, Sri Lnaka and to my bank in Belgium. I cannot porvide a tax number, as I won't get any from Sri Lanka. SO, I am stuck, cannot find or engage in jobs here on this website, and for the same reason also on other job websites for artist, I always find myself locked out.

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Alann,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
0ca03aed
Community Member

Hi Pradeep, thank you. i hope we can get this sorted...I need to sell my art works or I cannot stay any longer in Sri Lanka any longer. I hope we get this sorted.

I understand the urgency, Alann. I see that one of our team members has already reached you via a support ticket. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.

- Pradeep

Upwork

hi, Well, i still have no proper help or answer from either of you.

0ca03aed
Community Member

What there upvote thumbs for? And why do I have to log in every time anew when I go to other pages of my profile??

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths